So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

There’s a crack about rampant street shitting here, but that’s a little /pol/ for even my ludicrous political tastes ;-)

My niece just moved to Des Moines. So where is this so I can recommend it to her?

Is it okay if English is their second language? :)

Throw it in google, it’s the first thing that comes up.
300 E Grand Ave

So Zombie Burger is the place and not just something they serve?

Really, Zombie Burger is more a state of mind.

Yeah sorry, I know Zombie Burger is in the downtown area but it’s been a few years since I was there. Hopefully it’s still around, pretty good burgers and a cool theme.

Sounds like the burger eats you.

No, that’s Soviet Burger, coming soon to a White House near you!

That would be perfect then cause she works downtown.

• A big, underground homosexual population
  • Terrible soil, you can’t grow anything in it

Biggest difference between Hillary and Trump on jobs: Trump gave them someone to blame.

I get why it worked in reptile brain terms. I just still retain the incredible naivete of believing that we shouldn’t act like reptiles. Or at least not vote like them.

Although… this guy might make a good president.

She works for the state as an advocate for minorities in the justice system. Kind of like a social worker who helps those who need it with the courts.

• obscure musical reference :)

I, for one, would welcome our sleestack overlords.

And it turns out she has already eaten at Zombie Burger. :)

And that was a music reference? I had no idea.

I was always impressed with the Sleestak’s partiality toward sequined fabric combined with crude stitching.

The entire piece is excellent.
Liberals Should Stop Feeding the Conservative Frame About Elitism

I understand why Republicans embraced the idea that telling the truth is elitist. Ever since they began their dog-whistle racism as part of the Southern Strategy, they’ve been playing a con game with voters. Elitism has now been extended to anyone who believes in climate science and evolution as a way to politicize those issues as well.

But what I don’t understand is why buying into that frame has become acceptable for liberals. It is as if they believe that white working class voters are too precious to hear the truth and/or too ill-informed to accept it. By doing so, they are infantilizing large swaths of the American electorate in a way that cripples their own agenda.

As a liberal, I could just as easily take offense to McGurn’s suggestion that liberals hate. Or how about all of the times we hear from conservatives that liberals aren’t patriotic and don’t love this country. Imagine with me for a moment that some conservative pundit told Republicans that they needed to back off those kinds of characterizations because they were too hurtful to liberals that need to be wooed. Not gonna happen, is it?

What is it about liberals that makes us so reluctant to speak our own truths? And who are the people who must be shielded from those truths because they are too politically incorrect? Since when did it become elitist to condemn things like racism and sexism or to believe in science? An assumption that white working class people would be offended by any of that is, in my mind, the real injury that is being inflicted.