So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

No, as someone said above it would have been probably early 60’s and before. I can remember it from my childhood. Maybe it was a TV thing.

I think the only time I ever heard it was in The Grand Budapest Hotel when Harvey Keitel says “this ain’t no two-bit hoosegow.” No doubt a deliberately retro bit of dialogue by Wes Anderson.

But I am woefully ignorant of classic Westerns. Apart from The Searchers, Stagecoach, The Ox-Bow Incident, Shane, and High Noon, I haven’t seen many.

I suspect Scuzz is right, you’ll be more lucky looking for it in old TV episodes of things like Wagon Train, or The Rifleman. Have Gun Will travel, or Laramie. Probably less likely in the more “genteel” westerns, like The Big Valley or Bonanza. I bet you’d hear it in shows that tried to be more cute, like Maverick. Probably Gunsmoke too.

I’m thinking John Wayne.

Gad, I can’t believe I typed “more lucky” there. Luckier, please.

I’m bettin’ Festus said it more than once.

Ah Gunsmoke. Used to watch that religiously as an early teen with my folks. I think it ran into the mid 70’s or something. I even remember watching German dubbed episodes when we lived in Heidelberg in '77/78, where it was called Rauchende Colts (“Smoking Colts”-- I suppose a literal translation would have been Gewehrrauch or something, but that wouldn’t convey the Western feel).

Jeez, as a metaphor for the corruption and diminishment of the Executive Branch, this is awfully heavy-handed.

So can we officially say now that our current administration is a shithole?

First Trump has to get in the hole.

Hellmouth?

Maybe he drained too much of the swamp, forgetting to fill it with good, godfearing earth. Or maybe some subterranean Cold War-era bunker collapsed. We know such a bunker exists from sources like Fail-Safe and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

“Sir, the front lawn putting greens you ordered are complete.” sigh

Oh, this is exceptional. Well done. Real Kiff/Branigan vibe here.

So Mr. Art of the Deal really is terrible at making deals. Of course he is. He’s been a phony con man his entire adult life.

It’s a good thing he was born rich or he’d be shooting up a post office somewhere cause immigrants are stealing his jobs. He kind of is a deplorable, just one who happens to have been born rich. He has no respect for facts, and no understanding or responsibility for how and why he got to the place he is today, but he’s upset about how other people are constantly treating him unfairly and prone to blame anyone and everyone for anything that’s not going his way - fake news! Seems consistent, he was just born rich. Other deplorables relate to him and wish they were born rich too. He is, in fact, their god emperor.

I’m sure Dennison sincerely believes he has done nothing wrong. Nothing REALLY. He hasn’t been held accountable for anything his entire life, so he has no idea of the concept.

How the media should cover trump, a lesson from former Bush Director of Communications Nicolle Wallace: