So tonight is the BCS Big Game. Watcha doin?

Katabatic. It was awesome. Damn, I’ve missed this game.

Whoop!!!

Talked about it at work today about the shitty announcers who I imagine are used to doing pro games. They were awful

That said,

This was no game, only a celebration of world’s greatest Man. There is only Tebow. A glimpse of his smile is said to cure leprosy. In some cultures, parents fight to the death for the right to name their children Tebow. Post-game interviews with Tebow are often cut off just to sing the praises of his works.

That game was honestly pretty annoying. Lots of cramps, lots of penalties (ACC refs, sigh), commercials, pretty bad sportscasting, hideous post-game.

Yeah media is pretty obnoxious about how they never shut up about certain people, but Tebow is a pretty amazing human being. Sure makes me feel like a whiny little shit sometimes.

Wow. So OU lost by 10 points on a neutral field. Gee… not like that’s ever happened before.

USC and Texas would’ve beaten both of those teams. AND AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE FOUR IS NOT HYPOTHETICAL

ou sucks, Yay Gators. Congratulations on your Mythical National Championship victory.

Nah, actually i think it’s more severe than that. I think it’s the end of the universal Big 12 passing offense. Texas Tech led the way in, and they led the way out. Three of the Four Big12 teams lost (Tech, OSU, OU), and Texas only won by the skin of their teeth.

During the season it was shown how a more physical team that can dominate the offensive line of a Big 12 team can completely destroy their passing game, dominate their running game, and shut the team down. As Texas Tech went on every game became more difficult, and they even had trouble with Baylor at home, simply because Baylor had watched the OU game and had Tech figured out. And adjusting for the individual teams, i think they’ve figured out the Leach-style offense over the last few years, culminating into these decisive defeats this year. Against physically weaker teams the all-passing offense blows them away. Against a physically stronger team, the Leach-style offense crumbles.

Bradford looked like a dazed, indecisive kid compared to Tebow; not just in his game performance, i mean in his face and eyes, the way he looked almost to the last second on every down to the sidelines for help, the way he seemed to constantly change plays to little effect, ect.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Texas had the only Big XII defense worth a shit this year, and was playing against an Ohio State team that had a defense better than ANY of the Big XII teams.

The Big XII is the new Pac-10. And the Pac-10 is the new WAC. And the MWC is the new Big XII. And the WAC still sucks.

“We thought if we lost by 10, then we’d get the crystal football. At least… that’s how it works in the Big XII.”

Seriously. We get it. You think Texas should have been playing for the title.

No, what I think is: ou sucks
(also, that we should have a proper fucking playoff instead of this bcs crap)

[center]

[/center]

3 straight National titles for SEC teams. Sure the system is imperfect, but I think it has the possibility to equally screw everybody. Well, Utah just may have gotten screwed a little more this year. Also, I think all conferences should have a Championship game. I base that only on the fact that the SEC has one and no other concrete reasoning.

Yep, the Tebow love gets nauseating at times, but if the media has to drool over someone, he is as deserving of the attention as anybody.

I am confused, Rimbo, what is you stance regarding the teams that played last night? :P

I have to chuckle at the media narrative about the BCS. The editorial on ESPN says Florida deserves a big asterisk next to their title because of Texas, USC, and Utah. Does USC get an asterisk in 2004 because they beat Oklahoma (what a surprise) while Auburn was undefeated as well? The whole thing is kind of silly, and I’m glad I can turn my brain off about college football for the next 8 months while everyone overanalyzes.

Bring on the hilarious offseason posts at everydayshouldbesaturday.com!!

To answer the question above: Yes, they should get an asterisk. It’s a terrible system.

Bleh, Utah finishes #2 in the AP poll with 16 first place votes. Not bad, but they deserve a share of the title.

There was a flag or an ‘injury’ on like every other snap, ridiculous. The pro-Tebowness of the announcers was flat out disgusting, way beyond just unprofessional.

Terrible game. Anyone think its a good idea to wait 32 days (32 days in which they could be playing y’know, an actual playoff?)

4 interceptions between Tebow and Bradford? (Bradford’s weren’t his fault) Two fricking timeouts to get a punt off? And even then the punter is roughed. Gah. Fucking aweful.

Impossible to argue from that game that FLA was better than Texas, Utah or USC.

Most of all the announcing was the worst, the absolute worst, I have ever heard. “There’s Superman.” Superman? First thing out of there mouth is a slobbery bj? Whomever that color guy was should be fired for banality yesterday, “More carries equals more yards.” “How many times have you heard scouts question number 15’s throwing accuracy?” …wait…wait…wait…answers own question because partner is too stunned at the stupidity “A lot of times.” I even tried to turn the radio broadcast up but the television broadcast is a few seconds behind. (I’m guessing that is techinical but it could be to guard America from a stray nipple). The worst.

Tebow doesn’t look like a great pro prospect to me. I wasn’t all that impressed with him. Defensive linemen in the NFL will outrun him and his arm looks a bit weak and his accuracy isn’t the best.

That’s why I generally like the college game more, players who don’t fit the NFL cookie cutter mold can excel.

Tebow could be the one of the best college players of all time, and he is very exciting to watch, I don’t really care what he’ll do at the next level (sit on the bench and back up Kerry Collins or some such).

That’s the general consensus among most scouts as well – that Tebow is more of some weird hybrid position and wouldn’t be more than a 3rd round pick if he came out this year. Which is why a lot of people are expecting him to go back to Florida for a final year and build on his college legacy.

NFL cookie cutter mold? As in, the most talented and athletic? That’s what I like about the NFL – you get to see the best. Rah, rah – yay for college spirit and all that, but I like watching the best players.