Social media controls the world

today in the twitterverse

I donā€™t understand that. Is it referencing something in the news?

It references a twitter thread into which Elon inserted himself. Some dumb theoretical situation about AI Chatbots being trained to not use racial slurs, even if doing so would prevent a bomb from killing millions.

Clearly if we prevent bomb defusing robots from dropping n-bombs some future criminal mastermind will invent a bomb that can only be defused by dropping an n-bomb.

Yeah, Iā€™m going to nope out of the Great H-Bomb vs N-Bomb Serious Debate of 2023.

I find a good rule of thumb is, if the chuds are upset over something and you donā€™t already know about it, then it isnā€™t worth knowing about.

I mean itā€™s funny that they take so much pride in making lib heads explode over their actions, while the things that make theirs explode requires an explanation, sometimes leaving you even more confused, but at some point itā€™s just wiser to conserve energy.

What if the German terrorist insists that the computer go down to the black part of town naked, wearing a sandwich board with a slur, or else heā€™ll blow up a school?this is history people

Very happy to not be on Twitter anymore.

I think the usual reaction is pity or bewilderment rather than explosions.

What if the bomb is an AI?

abomb

What a great film. Time for a rewatch.

etc

Social media controls the world and the Australians are fed up about it:

Fuck me, I wish I didnā€™t know who that waste of space was.

This is a great article.

Iā€™m not sure how we even can cure the rot that is the global internet conversation in the English language. As much as I love it, its nonsensical grammar rules, its constantly borrowed nature, the endless opportunity for puns, I think itā€™s time to nuke the English language from orbit. At least it will finally put an end to the transatlantic controversy over how necessary it is to include the letter ā€˜uā€™ in words. Fiku ĝin forbruligu ĉion, Esparanto por la tuta vivo, Fikuloj!

Yeah my first thought was ā€œwhere do I sign up to not know who that is?ā€

Donā€™t know, and from the context here, dont care to know, who Bari Weiss is.

Obviously, heā€™s the German Barry White.