[Solium Infernum] Archfiend of the Hill

I’m concerned for the health of this thread, since it has no pulse. Is that a tumbleweed that just rolled by?

Holy hell, that’s an extremely powerful event, able to destroy two personal legions with a simple destruction roll!

Yeah that was unexpected… IIRC it’s a destruction roll to determine if the legions survive.

wow two starting legions destroyed?

Yowza.

I’d bet all I own that it was played by ddtibbs, as he would have had to discard one of his event cards come this turn. Perfect timing for him.

Boy, my personal legion was seriously neutered after being reconstituted:

Original Stats
Lvl 3+1 from level up, HP 8, Ranged 5, Melee 4+1 from level up, Infernal 3, Charge - Total RMI=12

New Stats
Lvl 3, HP 5, Ranged 3, Melee 3, Infernal 1, Charge - Total RMI=7

Deltas
Lvl -1, HP -3, Ranged -2, Melee -2, Infernal -2, Charge - Total RMI=-5

Let’s compare that to Reaver’s personal legion, who was also destroyed by the same event, and is two ranks lower than me (also not sure why he reconstituted in the same number of turns as me, a Prince):

Original Stats
Lvl 2, HP 9, Ranged 4, Melee 13, Infernal 2, Black Lightning - Total RMI=19 (not sure if he gained any levels since the start of the game)

New Stats
Lvl 1, HP 8, Ranged 4, Melee 13, Infernal 1, Black Lightning - Total RMI=18

Deltas
Lvl -1, HP -1, Ranged 0, Melee 0, Infernal -1, Black Lightning - Total RMI=-1

Doesn’t seem right to me.

Wow, that’s a serious drop. I wonder if it’s just bad luck with the RNG?

I’ve never seen a PL of mine get neutered nearly as badly as this one did. And what’s with a Marquis archfiend PL reconstituting in the same number of turns as a Prince archfiend PL? I’ve never seen that, either.

I suggest you send Vic the description of the reconstituted legions you posted above so he can make sure there’s not something amiss in the calculations there.

Even if the randomization can account for some/all of that discrepancy, it could be the case that some roll modifiers based on Avatar rank aren’t weighted properly.

No matter, it certainly seems odd, and it might be a statistically significant deviation that warrants further probing on Vic’s part.

Just a quick heads-up, folks, that I’ll be out of the country sans PC from Saturday, May 8th, to Saturday, May 15th.

Is anyone else wondering why 3ric3rown hasn’t claimed that PoP, yet, in his territory? I’m perplexed.

My guess is that he wasn’t able to take it outright, and has been slowly wearing it down, either through direct attacks, or Infernal Affliction. That PoP is getting pretty low on HP.

I’m moving this weekend, so I’ll be unresponsive for a good chunk of that time period as well.

Movin’? Where to?

This game’s currently on hold while I troubleshoot my desktop PC. I do have everyone’s turn, though, so the game’s waiting solely on me.

I don’t have the desire to continue to remind some players to send in their turns, so I’m going to call this game due to a lack of interest. Thanks for playing, guys.

That’s too bad, but I agree that it’s the right call. I hereby annoint you the winner, though. You had a pretty much insurmountable prestige lead. It looked like people were starting to ramp up for an assault on Pandemonium (I know I was).

I started to divert funds into cunning as a possible decapitation attack against various folks. I ended the last turn by attempting to frame Reaver for an attack on Pandemonium - I was curious to see how that would have turned out, as well as the ‘assault on heaven’ expeditition that had yet to return.