Solium Infernum by Vic "Armageddon Empires" Davis

Thanks for the super quick response Vic, everything’s been sorted out now.

On the other hand I’ve run into a different problem. I seem to be unable to load up my turns. I have the most recent Main.sav and I got the hosts to send me my previous turn files, put them both into a folder I created with the game name but I get a message saying that the .trn file is invalid or my reg key is different (It’s not).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, both by me and the good people I’m keeping waiting.

Did you patch?

I’m one of the hosts, and you didn’t ask ME for the turn file. :)

Do you have the exact same folder name? For slavering session it should be: SlaveringSession . I guess Capitalization is important. Apart from that you seem to have done everything correctly.

If you send me the folder contents I can try and load it up and take a look…usually that does the trick. Check the things suggested as well. Those are the most common problems.

Haha well I was planning on emailing you once I got it working ;)

Turns out in the heat of the moment I forgot to patch it up to the right version /facepalm

Thanks again for the help everyone.

HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP I WAS HELPFUL TO SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM

I’m finally paying it forward after everything everyone here has done for me.

Vic,

Could you please explain the following? The personal legions of Reaver and myself were both destroyed by the same event (swallowed by a great fissure). The changes to my legion’s starting stats are as follows:

Mysterio’s (Prince) Personal Legion

Original Stats
Lvl 3+1 from level up, HP 8, Ranged 5, Melee 4+1 from level up, Infernal 3, Charge - Total RMI=12

New Stats
Lvl 3, HP 5, Ranged 3, Melee 3, Infernal 1, Charge - Total RMI=7

Deltas
Lvl -1, HP -3, Ranged -2, Melee -2, Infernal -2, Charge - Total RMI=-5

While the changes to Reaver’s personal legion’s starting stats are as follows (note that he is two ranks lower than me):

Reaver’s (Marquis) Personal Legion

Original Stats
Lvl 2, HP 9, Ranged 4, Melee 13, Infernal 2, Black Lightning - Total RMI=19 (not sure if he gained any levels since the start of the game)

New Stats
Lvl 1, HP 8, Ranged 4, Melee 13, Infernal 1, Black Lightning - Total RMI=18

Deltas
Lvl -1, HP -1, Ranged 0, Melee 0, Infernal -1, Black Lightning - Total RMI=-1

How is it that he suffered only a -1 to HP to my -3, and his RMI total decreased by only -1 while mine decreased by -5? Also, his personal legion reconstituted on the same turn as mine, even though he’s two ranks lower than me. Is all this working as intended? If so, then either I had some extremely bad rolls, Reaver had some extremely good rolls, or I’m not understanding what’s going on.

Keep in mind that his legion’s lvl also fell, which is a far bigger deal then -1 or 2 off a stat.

He is now unable to equip his legion with anything, which means in game terms they are now nothing more then a dead weight holding down his command rating.

Huh? He had one attachment slot (Level 2) before the “death” and has one now (Level 1). Like my PL, we both retained the same number of attachment slots (one for him, two for me). So that’s a wash.

how much more punishment can that legion take, though?

Ah sorry I presumed that a Lvl 1 legion simply couldn’t equip anything, guess I was wrong. Still whatever formula Vic used for this it does seem to punish high stat legions a lot more then low stat ones.

I think you mean the opposite, since Reaver lost only 1 from his 18 RMI, while I lost 5 from my 12 RMI.

What’s the deal with Planar Lock? The description says you need to be in a Vendetta to use it, but I’m not in a Vendetta with anyone, and yet I have been Planarly Locked.

Cunning 5 lets you circumvent the vendetta requirement, since you mask your rituals. It’s a bit nasty with planar lock.

Was wondering if anyone could help me with a slight problem I’ve been having. I just got myself a new computer, with Win7 64bit to boot and set about installing SI straight away. Unfortunately I’m unable to patch the game? It keeps telling me access is denied. I’ve ran the .exe, I’ve extracted with Winrar into the folder and just plain old copy and pasted it but still nothing.

I’m sure there’s a simple fix but this is my first time using a 64bit system, never mind Win7 on top of it, so I’m a bit lost. Any help would, as always, be greatly appreciated.

-edit- Never mind apparently I’m already at 1.05c? Weird…

When in doubt, run as admin.

I already have admin privileges, at least I think I do. Do you have to enable them somewhere other then user accounts in WIn7?

That I couldn’t tell you but you can always right click the .exe and choose Run as admin.

Extract the files to a folder, say downloads, then cut and paste them into the Sol Infernium directory, you will get the UAC prompt.

Or, right-click the patch and choose Run As Administrator and extract to the Sol Infernium directory.

I was wondering if there is some way of exchanging resources between vassals… am I missing something or it’s actually impossible?