Someone explain Twitch to me

This is basically the “affluenza” argument. He should be included in a special class of offenders because of who he is.

It was bullshit for Ethan Couch and it’s bullshit for this guy.

Begun, the hiring-video-game-streamers-for-lots-of-money-to-play-on-your-game-streaming-service wars have.

From the looks of the livestream community on reddit on this the opinion is “Goodbye nice knowing you”

FB has big numbers, but they arent game streamers mainly old people and non-Westerners. The game streaming platform is horrible too apparently from a viewer POV. Zuckerberg being a Nazi enabler isnt good for the Western market either. That comes up alot.

Zuckerberg is the enemy and should be treated as such tbh. Especially decisions around watching video games with alot of choice in the market.

A streamer I’ve followed for a long time took a Facebook deal.
He wasn’t like a massive personality or anything, so I know he’s doing it to make ends meet and pay for his kid, but… it just kills the stream. He’s still on Twitch but then he’s like “okay now it’s time to go to Facebook to play some mobile game”. So I get less of a stream.

I wish him the best, but I had to give up. I get it, but I don’t like it.

If someone was exclusively on Facebook I’d never watch them because it’s a horrible experience. No memes, no emotes really, no joking around and everyone is posting under their real name that you can then click on and look at the feeds of. It’s creepy if anything. Plus fuck Facebook.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/streamer-dr-disrespect-inks-tv-development-deal-walking-dead-creators-skybound-1260034

Popular Twitch streamer Guy “Dr Disrespect” Beahm IV has secured a deal with Skybound Entertainment, The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman’s multi-platform production company, to develop a narrative scripted television series based on his character.

The new deal, brokered by Skybound and Beahm’s agency, CAA, is the first of its kind for a Twitch personality.

Ninja and Mark Hamill on Mixer.

I guess Microsoft is paying for Hamill, but these streamers make so much money now they could actually hire some celebs to make cameos. I’m sure Bruce Campbell wouldn’t mind making $20,000 for a few hours one evening. I bet it would pay off with an increased number of viewers.

Well, I have to admit, that will get me to watch Ninja for at least five minutes.

Cheating is fun and great and can expand games in many interesting ways, do not see your problem yet.

Aimbots were shit when eV3Ry0n3 5P0k3 L1k3 tH1s and they are shit now. Congrats on being that dick whose been spoiling it for everyone else for the last 20 years.

Uh. Maybe for single player games. For multiplayer games it kills them.

So if by “expand” you mean “kill”, then sure.

Seems like a big deal.

Twitch’s offer to keep Blevins, sources said, topped out at around $15 million per year for three years. Mixer and Facebook offered him more, with Mixer upping the ante to something in the neighborhood of $20 million per year. Mixer also offered other incentives like channel subscriptions fans could redeem for free for one month, as well as promotional placement opportunities on the site.

$20M per year for Mixer to sign Ninja.

I don’t get it, but hey, good for that guy.

Yeah, good for him for getting rich, but that’s crazy money, which just shows how little value money actually has at a place like Microsoft or Facebook. $20 million is a rounding error for them.

Ninja, Shroud, and some other streamer have a toy line I see at Target now. Its kinda crazy. I see these Ryan’s World toys too, which is some little kid who opens surprise toys on YouTube. He’s gotta be like 10 by now.

That kid Ryan has done what Ninja and these other guys are trying to do - go multimedia. Ryan now has his own show on Nick Jr. that my daughter absolutely loves, where he just plays in these big, goofy, messy sets with assorted people that show up. And they’re good guests too, he’s had Tony Hawk and Dave Grohl on the show.

My kids just missed Ryan, but they were super into the generation that came just before him. If I ever hear HobbyKidsTV again I’m going to jump off a bridge.

It’s a weird thing with kids interests today. My kids got way into this weird ass game called Baldi’s Basics because some YouTuber played it on his channel. It was DanTDM or Stampy or someone like that. This Christmas season I see Baldi’s Basics toys at the store, but like that ship has sailed. That was big in Spring 2019, if you get it to market in winter 2019 the kids have moved on. I think the internet moves too fast for toy companies to keep up.

We’re thankfully past the surprise toy age. My son is into Fortnite (gag) and Sea of Thieves now. My daughter likes Unicorns and Pennywise.

They’re making this all sound like it’s new… like we’ve never seen top celebrities get taken or make very little before when this reminds me a little about TLC’s old story… that a top musical group could somehow make almost nothing and go bankrupt, and then they broke it down where you saw everyone else was making bank.

This sort of thing happens all the time if they’re not careful, so why would streamers be different?

I think that outside of the industry, most people still have no idea just how much top streamers and YT celebs make.