Sony says they aren't doing cross-network play because please think of the children

The next thing Sony should do is allow paid mods.

Oh crap, Microsoft’s gonna buy Nintendo!

I’m super freaked out by the kid on the right in the thumbnail. The perspective makes his head look tiny, and he vaguely looks like some actor or something, and he’s also way too made up with bombshell lips.

I’m really disturbed here.

Its gotta be relation, gotta be!

Maybe Justin Bieber combined with Matt Damon? I’m not sure what I’m seeing.

I see a young Justin Bieber just before he gave his soul to Satan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Speaking at the IFA technology show in Berlin, Sony chief executive Kenichiro Yoshida said he felt playing on the PlayStation 4 was the best experience for gamers and therefore should not be compromised.

“On cross-platform, our way of thinking is always that PlayStation is the best place to play. Fortnite, I believe, partnered with PlayStation 4 is the best experience for users, that’s our belief,” he said.

“But actually, we already opened some games as cross-platform with PC and some others, so we decide based on what is the best user experience. That is our way of thinking for cross-platform.”

That is quite a bold use of the word “thinking” in that quote.

Sony’s position on all this smells like fear.

It’s not fear. It’s arrogance. They’re quickly reverting to 599 dollars enemy crab work harder for your game system Sony.

We’re still a long way off from Kutaragi levels of arrogance.

But yeah, that quote is pretty great.

At this point, I’m pretty sure I’m going back to xbox for my next console. Sony is annoying as crap, and at least the xbox has a real controller with back paddles.

I’m definitely not investing in any new Microsoft system until they figure out their exclusives problem. PC and Nintendo are the only things I’m sure of in any generation and it’s because of the available games.

What is their exclusives problem?

Not having enough of them, very few of them being exciting, and what little there is also coming to PC.

Yep, that’s what happens when you’re on top, and Sony is most definitely on top.

Microsoft is still competitive, at least on cross-platform titles, so they haven’t returned to their heights of arrogance. But they’re on that road again.

Sure, because they make sure it’s available on PC, and often offer two for one deals.

Which doesn’t address at all the first two points (i.e. the food being bad and the portions being too small).

Xbox seems to be getting about 3-4 retail exclusives a year these days. I think the full list for 2017 was Forza 7, Halo Wars 2, and Super Lucky’s Tale. For 2018 it’s Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2. And then PUBG that could be counted in either year depending on if you go by early access date or final release date.

PS4 has about 10x as many exclusives; enough that it’d be actual work to figure out the full list. And while I don’t care about most of those games, it’s pretty likely that a list of 30 exclusives contains a few that I want to play. While it’s pretty unlikely for a list of 3 games, unless I happen to really like Forza.

^^ This guy gets it.

There’s no point owning a console if you can play all but threr or four games available on it on some other system where you get all its games and a pile more that you can’t play on Xbox.

They apparently figured this out recently, but it’s going to take them years to catch back up and even then there’s no guarantees anything will be worthwhile since already one dev they bought just shipped a dud (We Happy Few).