Sony says they aren't doing cross-network play because please think of the children

Hah, slick move. “Accidentally” turning it on for a bit.

You cynical cynic, you. :)

So instead they just look like assholes arbitrarily blocking competitive play between platforms. Which probably makes total sense to all the executives.

Yeah, at this point, the cross-network multiplayer thing has long since ceased to look like a good business decision on Sony’s part. When every news story that comes out about cross-network play is “check out this awesome thing Microsoft and Nintendo are doing for customers while Sony clings to a crappy excuse to not do it” or “check out this sweet new stuff Minecraft players get on every platform except PlayStation, which might get it a few months later if Sony lets it happen,” the narrative shifts far away from anything that could be construed as a positive for Sony.

The next thing Sony should do is allow paid mods.

Oh crap, Microsoft’s gonna buy Nintendo!

I’m super freaked out by the kid on the right in the thumbnail. The perspective makes his head look tiny, and he vaguely looks like some actor or something, and he’s also way too made up with bombshell lips.

I’m really disturbed here.

Its gotta be relation, gotta be!

Maybe Justin Bieber combined with Matt Damon? I’m not sure what I’m seeing.

I see a young Justin Bieber just before he gave his soul to Satan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Speaking at the IFA technology show in Berlin, Sony chief executive Kenichiro Yoshida said he felt playing on the PlayStation 4 was the best experience for gamers and therefore should not be compromised.

“On cross-platform, our way of thinking is always that PlayStation is the best place to play. Fortnite, I believe, partnered with PlayStation 4 is the best experience for users, that’s our belief,” he said.

“But actually, we already opened some games as cross-platform with PC and some others, so we decide based on what is the best user experience. That is our way of thinking for cross-platform.”

That is quite a bold use of the word “thinking” in that quote.

Sony’s position on all this smells like fear.

It’s not fear. It’s arrogance. They’re quickly reverting to 599 dollars enemy crab work harder for your game system Sony.

We’re still a long way off from Kutaragi levels of arrogance.

But yeah, that quote is pretty great.

At this point, I’m pretty sure I’m going back to xbox for my next console. Sony is annoying as crap, and at least the xbox has a real controller with back paddles.

I’m definitely not investing in any new Microsoft system until they figure out their exclusives problem. PC and Nintendo are the only things I’m sure of in any generation and it’s because of the available games.

What is their exclusives problem?

Not having enough of them, very few of them being exciting, and what little there is also coming to PC.