Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Well looky looky:

I didn’t like Endless Space much. It had some nice ideas, and it looked great, but it didn’t play great for me.

But then Endless Legend happened. And Dungeon of the Endless. And now I’m excited about Endless Space 2, so bring it on!

Oh, I hate, HATE Endless Space. So much.

But I LOVE Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless as well, so yeah, I’m excited too!

I loved ES and EL was my pick for best strategy game of '14. I’m excited for ES 2 as well, but given how much time Amplitude’s games typically spend in Early Access, I have real doubts on 1.0 making it this year.

The Sophons?!!? Ripping off Three Body Problem, I guess.

Friends, my blog turns 5 years old tomorrow, and I just wanted to take a moment to thank those who encouraged me to undertake the endeavour five years ago, along with everyone else around here who’s been so positive and encouraging. Thank you friends, y’all have been a boon to me. :)

You do a great job, we thank you!

I didn’t even know it existed. I do watch your videos, guess I never checked out the descriptions. Bookmarked.

Bravo, Brian! Happy Anniversary!

You’ve got a lot of passion for space games and it shows Brian!

Congratulations, Brian!

Bravo!

Mazel Tov, boychick

Congratulation Brian. Keep up the great work.

cyka blyat

OH NO WAIT

I mean congratulations, Brian!!

:)

After realizing No Man’s Sky wouldn’t work on my machine (and getting a bit discouraged by watching Tom’s stream), I decided to try out Space Engine. It is gorgeous.

I cant remember if I asked this before.
How is Star Nomad 2?

Can Mr @BrianRubin and anybody else who play this shed any light?

Star Nomad 2 looks like a simple game, but it belies a detailed background simulation that governs the universe. Looking at the map, you can easily see where conflicts and other stuff are happening so you can adjust your bounty hunting or trade routes accordingly. It’s really great.

Thanks! Wish-listed. Will either wait for a discount or after going through the backlog.

I need an expert here, please. Is there something like Star Nomad 2 in 3D (=meaning first-person-cockpit-view)? Since rhamorim and some others were quite positive about X Rebirth 4.0 I gave it a try…well, aside from being puzzled by it’s crazy UI I’m under the impression it does not really offer what I’m looking for: sandboxy trading & pirating + the possibility to destroy all my enemies and take over the universe! :-) I’d need a mod for that in X Rebirth and I’m a bit skeptical about how well it would work and how well it would be balanced… and before I’m really getting into that somewhat obfuscating X Rebirth-game… I wanted to ask here: …is there a game like Star Nomad 2 in 3D?