Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

I remember playing it with the expansion (Supernova) and enjoying it, but it’s been a good while and I have no idea how good it was or how well it aged, so…

I’ve heard it’s mediocre, but I’ve yet to play it my own self.

Thanks all.

Cheers Amanda! Yeah funny its so much cheaper on Steam. I will probably pick it up and give it a whirl! Thanks!

Star Ruler 2 is 75% off in the steam sale. What was the concensus on this one? If I already own and enjoy Distant world would this one still be worth the investment?

Read this great tutorial/AAR to see if it interests you.

Meanwhile, I’m interested in Empyrion, which is space/planet survival/open world. Thoughts anyone?

Played it a year ago, no game in it, but fun world, might have changed now

If someone held a gun to my head and forced me to choose one of those spacey buildy survivaly things, it’d be Empyrion.

And there’s their box quote.

Cleaning my wishlist a bit, it seems that Into The Stars has been abandoned by the dev’s and there are game breaking bugs going by some forum posts. Just a heads up for anyone else considering it during the sale. I’ve removed it from my wishlist.

And if anybody still needs more dissuading, there is Tom’s stream of it (at the end of which I had promptly removed the game from my own wishlist as well ;)

Yeah, I kickstarted Into the Stars, and I’m still sad it ended up being a massive disappointment.

A silly (and to some, heretical) question:
is the old Origin’s Privateer playable using keyboard only?

I didn’t play many DOS games back when (well, actually none, because I was a Mac user) but were mice used much in games in 1992-3 or whenever Privateer came out? I was certainly under the impression that they really weren’t.
Maybe a joystick was required, though.

Dawn of Andromeda is out on early access from the same makers as the unfinished Lords of the Black Sun. Can you advise, Brian?

Yup.

I really need to learn what I’m doing wrong when it comes to advertising my own stuff.

Wow, I asked and you deliver a 30 minute video! You’re awesome!!

Thank you, I try my best.

I also apologize for my snarky comment.

No apology necessary. Thanks for the video. I am intrigued. You stand by your recommendation I guess?

Wishlisted. I hope this gets a proper release.

It’s too early to recommend it I think, but I’ve enjoyed my time with it so far.