Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Everyone with a Playstation 4 :-)

I would have loved to to have seen Gene Roddenberry’s reaction to this.

Looking for a game to tide me over in Jakarta with only my Macbook with me.

Between Holy Potatoes! We’re in Space?! and Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander

Which would be a better pick?

Out of those two alone? Halcyon I think.

I’m open to other suggestions. But has to be playable on Mac.

Edit: Going with Halcyon. Thanks!

Sorry, was busy/asleep. I was gonna also suggest Drox Operative, which also works on a Mac and is one of the best space games of the last decade. Yes, I said it.

Also, here’s a nifty thing I just discovered. I try to maintain my curator page on Steam, and you can filter it so it only shows Mac games. That might help the next time this question comes up.

GOG also has a lot of games that work with a Mac, like Master of Orion and others.

Drox Operative is also on GOG.com, by the way.

Sure is, I own it on both Steam and GOG. ;)

I’d been playing the Drox Operative demo for a while. Just bought the full game. Thanks for the glowing review, Brian. I figure if you liked it that much

Oh hell yeah, I tripple dipped on it. I have to avoid playing it because if I do, I’ll get NOTHING ELSE DONE. It’s just that good. May you enjoy it even a fraction of the amount I do.

Please remember you can order DIRECT from the developer for maximum good vibes. My order link still works fine after all these years (he uses BMT micro).

http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Overview.html

Yea, I already had Drox. It was real good. Diablo in space. :)

Getting that addictive vibe now. Yeah, that’s it. Must play a little bit more.

Edit: Enjoying your let’s plays about the DLC. Which, of course, I picked up. @BrianRubin

Yeah, DLC is super needed. Adds so much.

You know, I had Drox on my wish list, then removed it for reasons I don’t remember, now it’s back on.

Bah, it’s not on sale anywhere at the moment. Keep an eye out though!

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=droxoperative

There are a few space games on this week’s Weekly Sale on Steam, including:

and

I’m curious about Concealed Intent, how’s the single player campaign?

Fun and challenging. I really enjoyed it.

I hope it’s not considered threadjacking if I say that @BrianRubin is completely right about Drox Operative. I can’t spend much time away from it. I don’t even care so much about winning a game. I just have to fly around and kill stuff. Find stuff. Upgrade stuff. Sell stuff. It’s amazing. I can play this damn game for hours.

I was playing a Scavenger today. The wife expected me to make dinner. I completely forgot about dinner. She comes home and I was shocked. She asked me, Do you know what time it is? I said, two o’clock? She says, No. It’s six. What did you do all day?

I will draw a curtain over the rest of the conversation. Suffice it to say, she is not happy.

Thanks Brian. :)