Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

We’ve only done it online, but even in early access it’s been remarkably stable.

The Long Journey Home now has a release date: May 30th.

OH SHIT, SON!

https://classicreload.com/mission-critical.html

Time for some retro, FMV puzzle-adventure space gaming!

Holy crap!

That game is getting hammered in reviews, but they’re steam reviews. Is the game getting fairly assessed? I honestly can’t tell, the negativity and reasons sound legit but it could be echo chamber review stuff going on.

@BrianRubin didn’t like it at all.

Yes, it’s a pile of hot garbage.

So today I discovered that there’s a PC version of a boardgame called Struggle for the Galactic Empire. Anyone ever play the boardgame?

@BrianRubin Damn you to hell.:)

What? Why?

Because you know I’m a sucker for a)space games on the PC and b) board games on the PC.

That said, this looks like it might be a couple of years old:

OS Windows 95\NT or later
DirectX 1 or later (DirectX 7 or later recommended)
RAM 256 MB (512 MB Recommended)
AUDIO any Windows compatible sound card
Minimum Resolution 800X600, 32 bit color
Storage 32MB free space

Yes. I like it. Definitley more of the high chaos solo game rather than a game where you are in competition with opponents.

I have looked at the PC game on and off for a while. I will be interested if you get it to hear how it is.

I would be interested to hearing if it runs in XP, let alone Windows 10

Yeah, I’m gonna keep an eye on eBay and try and get an affordable copy. I mean, it’s space, I have to play it.

Dang. 32 mb free? I might have to uninstall something.

I wrote to Decision Games regarding my concerns about how it will run on a modern rig and the lack of any real information, not even so much as a screen shot.

I’ll keep y’all posted on their reply. Depending on what they say I might just take one for the team.

I was looking at this a while back, but got the board game instead.

This is the only pic I was ever able to find, on the programmer’s facebook page:

Which unfortunately doesn’t show the no-doubt dated and painful UI… ;)

But I read it does work on more modern OS, if you enable DirectPlay.

You can check out the programmer’s other work here, maybe give you an idea of what you’re in for:
http://war-game-programming.com/downloads

@Profanicus - That almost makes me want to order the game.

I’d be interested to hear your install AAR as well; if you’re able to get it running, I might take a gander at the game myself. At least the PC would take away some of the fiddlyness…

Oh, Brian -

Speak to us of Space Tyrant