Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Oh yeah, so far the early version has been really great. Excited to dig into the 1.0 build.

Whoop, another game out today:

It’s out on GOG too, FYI.

I’m watching someone live stream it right now. The art is even more gorgeous than Sunless Sea was.

Guys, the amazing Scavenger SV-4 is on sale right now for its one-year anniversary.

Get it!

How is the single player?

Played one game against an “easy” AI…it wiped the wall with me.

Yes but is it FUN? :)

Oh yes, it was hilarious getting shat upon by the AI. Seriously.

So new dispatch y’all! Tons of news and new games in this one, hope y’all find it useful.

Welcome to another week of spacey gaming y’all, and we have a LOT to cover this week! We have three games to look at this week, starting with a new Necron campaign in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada II. I also take a short look at Genesis Alpha One. Short because it scared me too much, so I could only get a couple of entries out of it. To make up the gap, I played a few entries of the non-space game Nomads of the Fallen Star – from the developer of Star Nomad 1 and 2 – which will start on Wednesday.

On this week’s podcast (Tuesday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be talking to the developer of the space shooter Apolune.

Finally, on Thursday’s LAN party (Thursday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be trying out the boardgamey roguelike For the King!

Thanks for being awesome y’all!

There are rumours of bugs on the switch version of Halcyon 6 so I haven’t picked it up yet. Well that and so many other things to play.

I know you’ve all been waiting on the edge of your seat for this update, so I’ll let you know how it plays out in the end.

So guys, Objects in Space has a March 1st release date!

https://flatearthgames.cmail20.com/t/ViewEmail/t/3D45564E455A32BB2540EF23F30FEDED/61E02E13C919F6F8667CCDA886AB700A

Objects in Space 1.0 drops 1 March! Been waiting for this to get out of early access to dig in.

Brian!

JINX.

Also, new dispatch y’all, tons of news in here. The OIS news came out right after I published this.

Have you tried/previewed this?

Oh yes. I have several hours in Objects in Space. I love it. I’d have more time if it wasn’t crash prone or wiped with each beta patch. Hopefully the final version will be more stable.

I just want to note Helium Rain is a beautiful chill game which I regret not putting more time into before.

It may hit a wall soon but wow, I dont think any game has nailed truly non Sol based lighting like this before. They are not afraid of stark contrast and make fantastic use of silhouette. Lovely.

Yay, glad to hear you’re enjoying it!