Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Thanks, you’ve put another couple of games on my radar!

That’s my entire purpose, to let people know about all these games so they’ll find new space games they love, so yay! Thank you!

I like the ‘New Games Discovered’ heading.

Hah, thanks! Trying to make these things usable.

This dropped today y’all. It’s really great!

How does this compare to Star Sector? The visuals / battle UI look very reminiscent.

This mixed FTL-style sector jumping and resource management with RTS battles. It’s quite different.

Well I died on second or was it third system. I will say the artwork is glorious! I knew I should have run to the next system.

Which game? Voidship?

Yes, Voidship

Nice! I love the battles my own self. So visceral to see parts flying everywhere.

It looks good. I have to say the mechanic of crew dying from old age seems kind of annoying to me, but I may give this a go.

I actually think that’s a neat mechanic, makes you seek out newer, younger crewmembers from time to time. Usually survival shit bugs me, but this doesn’t.

Good to hear it’s not as annoying as imagined :)

If anyone’s interested. Not for me as its just more zombies, demons etc etc. But I know some folks enjoy that so.

Hello my friends, and welcome to another week of spacey gaming! Because so much has come out in the last couple of weeks, I busted my tail to bring you three games of the week this week! First up, we have the much-anticipated dark exploration, intrigue and combat game, Sunless Skies! We then have the militaristic space combat game, Arc Savior! Finally, we have the planetary bombardment frenzy that is Worbital! To top it all off, since we’re having the developer on our podcast this week, I made a new video of Rodina to get y’all caught up on the billion changes he’s made since my last preview back in 2014. ;)

On this week’s podcast (Tuesday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), as previously mentioned, we’ll welcome back Brendan Anthony, the developer of the space exploration game Rodina, to catch us all up on how the game is coming along (spoiler: it’s coming along FANTASTICALLY).

That’ll be it for the week friends, as we’ll be taking Thursday off for Valentine’s Day! Thanks so much for being awesome, and enjoy your week!

I really liked the DoomRL. I’ll be curious how this pans out.

Your first Rodina link goes to your YouTube Studio page for the video, and your second points to the Worbital one.

Shitfuck, I’ll fix that in a moment. Thanks!

Not entirely related to space games but I found some good mentions in the comments: