Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Okay, thanks. :)

I’ve got an alert set up, because I think at ten bucks the “commander” pack would be worth checking out for me.

Hiiiii friends, and welcome to another week in spacey gaming! This week we’re back on the content train with a new game of the week. Join me as I have a fantastic time fighting and dying in the really fun spacey roguelike, Interstellar Rogue! I also got back into Descent: Freespace with a shockingly successful Shivan infiltration mission.

The podcast this week (Tuesday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer) will look at games with economic models, and see which games fare well and which need more money in their bank accounts.

Finally this week, for the LAN Party (Thursday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be trying the co-op in the really fun open world hacking game, Watch Dogs 1!!

Thank you for being awesome, my friends!

Was hoping Astrox Imperium might be more than 20% in the sale. Still looks pretty tempting. Probably that and Pax Nova are on my pick ups this year.

Both great choices!

Can’t speak to Pax Nova but Astrox Imperium is a solid choice.

Helium Rain is going for $7.49 BTW. I’ve heard good things.

It’s great, buy it.

If it helps y’all, my curator page has a list of space games on sale.

@Papageno

I just want to second this. Helium Rain is an overlooked great game. At $7.50 its insanely great value.

I wish this sale would last a few months. So many good games.

:(

Well in a few months you’ll get the Christmas sale.

This is the first sale where 10+ of my wishlisted games are discounted 60% or more.

Based on my initial look, the best deals of this sale so far are:

• Children of a Dead Earth
  • Starpoint Gemini Warlords
  • 3030 Deathwar Redux
  • Everspace

I regret Everspace. It’s very pretty. (Planets actually look HUGE like they’re supposed to!) But I don’t enjoy the roguelike components as much as I anticipated.

Did you play it on easy? It’s far better when you actually make some progress.

Yeah, I didn’t get along with the controls at all on that one - couldn’t hit the broad side of a battlestar.

Fair, it has a definite learning curve.

I also don’t like having to cycle between modules instead of having an individual hotkey for each of them.

Yup. Purely a matter of taste, of course. And it’s certainly pretty!

Children of a Dead Earth looks like the king of thing I’d either end up playing for 5 minutes or 200 hours.