Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Try out some boarding shuttles. They give you some great flexibility to stay in a range where you can use weapons with radiation to go after the other ships crew and also get some good crew combat missions in.

Heh, I like that term – “choice paralysis”. My problem exactly. I have so many games in my backlog that I find myself unable to select one so end up playing none.

Exactly, it’s a damned real thing.

Maybe I need to get back into Frontiers.

Boarding shuttles.

Huh.

I messed with them a little, until I had a extra 2 million in funds sitting there. I got the 9000k cruiser, and upgraded all its bits lol. Its slow, but with the skills I’m still closing quickly. I converted some of the weapons in storage, so i could haul all my battle spoils.

Took your advise and changed my weapons to focus on radiation. Making quick work of boarding now. All my mechanics take throw a wrench for boarding actions, I alternate between this and death in the corridors (or whatever that power is called) which means crews are dying off fast now. I also have a few call for surrenders and intimidate, so i go back and forth to let the charges work their magic. Small ships go really fast now, larger ones I have to do 3-4 cycles to kill off enough of the crew or captain.

I basically played through the main campaign (5 eras i think) and just cruising around to tweak my ship to my ideal liking. This is the first time ive kept playing a game like this beyond the set campaign (including Battletech), so spot on reccomendation @ BrianRubin

Btw Vic, miss your games! Working on anything new on the horizon?

Thanks! That’s nice of you to say. But no, I’m just enjoying playing now. I’ve been writing fantasy/sci fi novels as a hobby. Let’s me still be creative but not have to worry about all the headaches of coding. I do miss the intellectual stimulation of solving those types of problems a bit. But for everything there is a season.

As an aside, Trese brothers games are a real treat. They have a cyberpunk game on kickstarter right now so check that out if you think you might be interested.

Yay, so happy to hear it!

I spend more time contemplating which games I should install/uninstall “just in case” than actually playing them. (Unless something really grabs me right away.)

https://www.gog.com/game/stellar_tactics

No longer exclusive to Steam! And absurdly cheap at $15. Very good if you want a traveller meets baldurs gate style game complete with jank.

Unlike Stone Shard this game lets you skip the annoying intro quest fluff and I recommend you do so.

Is still in development so not final release if that matters to you.

And there is lots of jank.

Oh you can skip the intro stuff now? Thank jesus. That spider fight is so fucking annoying.

Well more skip the ship stuff at the start. You still need to exit the cave stuff :(

God fucking dammit.

The short vision/sight range makes those spiders really annoying. I don’t see why it’s necessary unless your maps are huge or the spiders are tiny. (Neither of which are true.)

Let me throw in the “wait the turn button is actually the rotate character in combat button???” on the list of annoying things. Yes the jank is real in this one :) I still love it though. But you are both right, some really annoying things.

Well I was “following” Stellar Tactics on Steam, but apparently that doesn’t do much, so I put it on my wish list. Thanks for the remind.

Welcome back to another week of varied spacey gaming, my friends! For this week’s game of the week, we’ll continue our look at the super fun and utterly fantastic Void Destroyer 2!

Moving on from pre-recorded content, here’s this week’s streaming schedule (please remember, all times are Pacific):

• Monday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Starships Unlimited stream.
  • Tuesday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic stream. 4:00 PM-6:00 PM, Astra Exodus developer interview podcast live recording.
  • Wednesday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Battle for Middle Earth stream.
  • Thursday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Far Cry 2 stream. 4:00 PM-6:00 PM, Dying Light LAN Party stream.
  • Friday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Mass Effect 2 stream.[/list]

You can see all of our planned upcoming streams and events on our calendar, as always!

You can watch any of these streams on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and several other locations.

For this week’s op-ed, I talk about the realization as to how I’m spending my off-stream gaming time, and how sometimes one even needs reminders to do the things they love and enjoy.

That’s it for this upcoming week, my wonderful friends. Hope to see y’all at something! :)

Whoa whoa == Battle for Middle Earth? But … where? How?

I have actual disk copies my friend.

And if anyone in the world said that I would cop a disbelieve… now I will be there on Wednesday to see it!