Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Huzzah!

Welcome back to another week of spacey gaming goodness, my friends! This week’s game of the week is the massive 2D space exploration game, Stellaxy!

Moving on from pre-recorded content, here’s this week’s streaming schedule (please remember, all times are Pacific):

• Monday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Starships Unlimited stream. Plus a plan B if the game ends prematurely, which I reckon it might.
  • Tuesday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Bloody Rally Show stream (SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE). 6:00 PM-8:00 PM, Void Destroyer 2 developer interview podcast live recording.
  • Wednesday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, No King No Kingdom stream.
  • Thursday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Far Cry 5 stream. 4:00 PM-6:00 PM, Dying Light LAN Party stream. It’s a co-opriffic day!
  • Friday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Mass Effect 2 stream. Sh#t is starting to get real.

You can see all of our planned upcoming streams and events on our calendar, as always!

You can watch any of these streams on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and several other locations.

For this week’s op-ed, I talk about finding a game that immediately hits all the right notes just by reading its blurb on steam. I bought it sight unseen and was not disapponted. ;)

Finally, my friends, I could use your help, to both grow my stream viewership and my endurance. Starting this week, for every five new people who like/follow/subscribe during a stream, I’ll add thirty minutes onto the stream. You can find more details here.

That’s it for this upcoming week, my amazing friends! Hope to see y’all somewhere online!

The game is indeed super fun and fantastic. I have minor gripes with the UI and stability, but nothing too serious (as it happens pretty late in the game, when you are running a large fleet).

I think the dev knows about those issues, he talked about them on the podcast.

BTW, he’s from Poland, right, given his last name?

Welcome back to another week of spacey gaming greatness my friends! This week, we were gonna do a full game of the week covering the reail shooter shmup thing, Omnibion War, but it’s so bad I could only get through a couple entries, so I’ll have some other videos for you later in the week as well.

Moving on from pre-recorded content, here’s this week’s streaming schedule (please remember, all times are Pacific):

• Monday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Starships Unlimited stream. Plus a plan B if the game ends prematurely. 1:00 PM-2:00PM, Bloody Rally Show Stream and Giveaway, since we had so much fun last time!
  • Tuesday - 6:00 AM-8:00 AM, Avorion developer interview podcast live recording and giveaway. 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, ARK: Genesis Part 1 total n00b stream.
  • Wednesday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Mainframe Defenders stream.
  • Thursday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Steel Armor: Blaze of War stream. 4:00 PM-6:00 PM, Dying Light LAN Party stream, keeping the fifth-anniversary love ongoing!
  • Friday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Mass Effect 3 stream. We finished 2, and I wasn’t sure if we’d keep going, but I GOTTA SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN 3. 1:00PM - ???, come join us in chat as we hang out and talk about our week in Jamming with Jumpgate.

You can watch any of these streams on Twitch, and you can see all of our planned upcoming streams and events on our calendar, as always!

For this week’s op-ed, my brain is mush, so it’s kind of all over the place this week.

I’m continuing the challenge I began last week, which you can read about here. For every five new subscribers I add thirty minutes to my stream. Tell your friends. ;)

Finally, I’ve decided to move solely over to Twitch for streaming (with archives uploaded to YouTube the next day), so if you’ve not followed me there, I invite you to do so, and thank you.

That’s it for this upcoming week, my beloved friends! I hope to see y’all around online somewhere.

Wow, that 6 AM start time for tomorrow’s podcast sounds rough! But maybe you’re an early riser by nature? (I am definitely not)

Nah I’m more of a late morning/mid-afternoon person. These early podcasts are rough, but what am I gonna do when the guests are overseas? It’s worth it, but yeah, wow.

My reading for today, because tomorrow, we go back to 1989 together!

Welcome back to another week of spacey gaming, we have a busier week than usual because I wanted to try and get a little more streaming in due to more people being shut in due to the Covid-19 precautions a lot of folks are taking. For the game of the week, we continue with our look at the fun and sometimes maddening Avorion!

• Monday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander stream. 1:00 PM-3:00 PM, Dying Light make-up stream!
  • Tuesday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Artificial Extinction stream. 4:00 PM-6:00 PM, Taxinaut developer interview and key giveaway.
  • Wednesday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Roundguard stream.
  • Thursday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Sipho stream. 4:00 PM-6:00 PM, Dying Light LAN Party stream!
  • Friday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Mass Effect 3 stream. 4:00PM-7:00PM - Movie Night, join us on Discord as we watch some Mystery Science 3000 together!
  • Sunday - 2:00 PM-4:00 PM, collaborative Elite: Dangerous stream with cenewulf!

You can watch any of these streams on Twitch, and you can see all of our planned upcoming streams and events on our calendar, as always!

Basically, as predicted, much of my op-ed was about how much I love Bloody Rally Show, but it’s also about being a content creator while being knocked on your proverbial ass.

I’m continuing the challenge I began recently, which you can read about here. For every five new subscribers I add thirty minutes to my stream. Tell your friends. ;)

Finally, as I’ve moved over to Twitch, I’ve also become an affiliate, so if you have an Amazon Prime account and aren’t using it for a subscription to any other channel, it’d be great if you could use it on mine. ;) Hint hint and thank you. ;) (I know this is the same text as last week but it’s super important.) ;)

That’s it for this upcoming week, my wonderful friends! I hope to see y’all online at a thing. :)

Interesting - you are my first Twitch sub ever, Brian! Should be fun - All that extra spare time I have these days, and I can give you my undivided attention now ;-)

Yay thank you!!

C# Aurora is due out about a week from today according to the latest from Steve Walmsley. He will be spending this week finishing up diplomacy and then setting up the launcher over the weekend.

Will this make the game more approachable?

No, it will be more performant than the creaky tech he used before. But it’s still a spreadsheet in space.

Welcome back to another week of spacey gaming, my friends. We have a very busy week ahead for y’all. I was PLANNING on doing an entire week of this game called Onslaught: Armored Assault, because it seemed to be a fully-released title. Well, it claims to be past full-release, but it feels very empty, and stuff is still marked “WIP” which leads me to believe it’s not quite done, so I’m shelving it for now. The MAIN focus will be videos covering the new Starpoint Gemini 3 beta that will go live Monday at 9 AM and go throughout the week until I play the beta for all its worth! I also plan to continue my look at Avorion for quite a long time to come, with a new video at least once a week, if not more, time permitting.

• Monday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander stream.
  • Tuesday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Trials of the Gods stream. 4:00 PM-6:00 PM, Games to play during quarantine podcast live recording.
  • Wednesday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Battle for Middle Earth stream.
  • Thursday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Far Cry 5 co-op stream. 4:00 PM-6:00 PM, Zombie Army Trilogy LAN Party stream!
  • Friday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Mass Effect 3 stream.

For this week’s op-ed, I’m in a weird place mentally, so I write about how great games are and how they’ll likely help me get through the worst of this.

I’m continuing the challenge I began recently, which you can read about here. For every five new subscribers I add thirty minutes to my stream. Tell your friends. ;)

Finally, and this is the last time I’ll mention it here, as I’ve moved over to Twitch, I’ve also become an affiliate, so if you have an Amazon Prime account and aren’t using it for a subscription to any other channel, it’d be great if you could use it on mine. ;) Hint hint and thank you. ;) (I know, again, this is the same text as last week but it’s super important.) ;)

That’s it for this upcoming week, my delightful friends! I hope to see y’all online at a thing. Be well and stay safe! :)

Have you seen “Lost Empire 2977”? It says it’s a sci-fi ARPG, which are pretty rare for the most part, and the ones we have are usually inadequate or pretty bad. I’d like to see a look at this.

I tried playing it a few weeks ago and it felt horribly buggy and incomplete. Plan to revisit soon.

I asked them to load a game play video and they said they plan to do a 60 minute or so “Let’s play” and put it on Youtube so I plan to check that out once it’s up. I’ll let you know whether it’s worth your while to check it out further.

Nice, if they do please share it here. Thank you!