Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

First, congrats to Brian on the 10th Anniversary of SGJ!

Second and OT, I was a huge Robert Silverberg fan growing up. In my late teens (later 1970s and 1980) I must have read all of his novels aimed at adults, including A Time of Changes, Dying Inside, Tower of Glass, The Time Hoppers, The Stochastic Man, To Live Again, Up the Line etc.

I never got into the Majipoor stuff, but did enjoy his retelling of the Tale of Gilgamesh in Gilgamesh the King.

Thank you!

Guys, Trevor found a vintage commercial for Star Fleet II from 1989, and it’s great.

Wait, I thought it was one l in the company name.

Oh no hahahahahahahaahah

The super-brief image from Marble Madness at the end really cements the legend, lol

Hah apparently it’s from a compilation of commercials for EA games made at the time, so they just roll into each other.

“Light years beyond any space program on the market today.”

Actually that’s not hype.

I’d reckon it’s also still true.

Lord of Darkness - one of his rare historical novels - was great too, and I recommend it if you haven’t read it. Sorry to shanghai Brian’s topic again for a moment but I just checked out Robert Silverberg’s Colonies, a graphic novel based on his Downward to the Earth, and had quite a chuckle when I noticed that the artist used Silverberg himself as the model for Crazy Kurtz, the antagonist of the novel (which in turn is based on the famous Joseph Conrad villain). Okay, I’ll stop now.

No worries mate conversations ebb and flow.

Congrats on 10 years Brian, there is nothing better in life than getting to do something you love and have it be appreciated by others.

Thank you, it really has been a thrill.

sad Conan noises

And congratulations to Brian, of course. As an aside, my wishlist and wallet would appreciate it if you could be a bit a less enthusiastic about so many games ;-)

Congrats Brian. Just think, in another 10 years time you might get to review the release version of Star Citizen ;)

Congrats Brian! May the next 10 years bring a lot more space games for you to play and love!

Thank you folks!

Belated congrats Brian!

Can’t believe I missed this. Way to go, Brian!

Thank you guys!