Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

So apparently Stellar Warfare will be available in Early Access starting the 4th

Were those for public distribution, or insidery/convention type promos? That had more of the latter feel to me. Now if Phil Hartman were in it…

God I miss Phil Hartman so much.

“stunning visuals”

Been keeping an eye on this one.

Yes, it looks great especially for it being the work of mostly 1 person from what it sounded like.

Crazy to think that he’s been gone since what, 1998 sometime? It’s clear that the role of Zapp Brannigan was made with him in mind. Was it Billy West who did the voice there (doing to my mind a perfect impression of Hartman’s “cheesy” voice as in the Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz roles)?

Yeah too damned long. I still miss him.

Phil’s Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer on SNL was underrated. I don’t think it got many laughs from the live audience but it always tickled my funny bone.

OMG those are some of my favorites ever.

I’m just a caveman…

Thought some of you might like to see this since there are a number of ships from various games included:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTPwbVqU6lc

Edit - Sorry if this has already been posted here.

Wow, I never realised the difference in sizes in the Star Destroyers. I mean, I realised some of them were bigger, but wowsers that’s a huge step up from your regular star destroyer to the executor!

Reminds me of this poster:

Yes and yes according to this page:

The note there is the link to a Fresh Air interview (that I haven’t listened to)

This went live today into early access, the visuals they stun my eyes!

Featured, the Battlespar Calagtiga class! ;)

My first attempt with it was a bit confusing, and there are things with it that are currently frustrating like there are neutral structures that you can control if you have a ship or structure nearby, but there doesn’t seem to be any indication if you are placing a structure within range or not, and the placement can be a bit deceiving with the 3d interface. The neutral structures can generate resources for you, but there doesn’t seem to be an indication of where your resources are coming from (your own power or mining structures vs controlled neutrals). While there are some pretty pew-pew scenes going on I’m not sure how much of it is related to the actual weapons on the ships, especially the explosions going on everywhere. Perhaps it is point defense intercepting missiles, but I needed to be zoomed in much closer to see than I was.

I like the idea of being able to design ships and send them into battle in the games, and apparently there are a large number of possibilities if you collect all the blueprints, which you get through salvage when playing. I liked the idea of designing ships and fleets in Giant Space Battles, but always wished you could actually control the fight instead just watching, so I was hoping for a bit of scratching that itch that with this.

I look forward to reading @BrianRubin’s thoughts on it.

Quirky-looking indie space game called Lilith Odyssey which just released into early access and has one (1) user review thus far. Seems like a neat concept and figured I’d put this out there for others who might find it of interest, but I’m holding off giving it a go until some more impressions hit the Internet.

I hope to give it a whirl once I get back.

Wow, I never realized how small the Death Star was. Even the “Starkiller Base” that I thought was the size of a planet was only 660km diameter? Much, much smaller than I had been envisioning. And I didn’t realize a Halo ring was slightly smaller than the Earth. I thought it was much bigger than that.

This looks interesting . Has a demo which I plan to try. Oops I now see it has its own thread. Anyhow it has released.

They’re just talking about the Death Star in the movies and books. I’m talking about the actual Death Star.