Space Rangers HD next week on Steam!

No, I just feel bad, I’d never even HEARD of Revolution until today. Regardless, this does mean that this HD version includes not only stuff from this not-officially-released-outside-Russia expansion pack, but new stuff on its own besides! That’s pretty cool!

I am home today this afternoon and still not seeing it up on Steam. I was another that didn’t really click with this game initially, but am willing to give it another shot. Part of my problems were with chasing pirates around for missions and never being able to quite catch them. Plus, I always had a really hard time with the RTS missions for some reason. I guess I never got the right load-outs as the waves always wore me down. I never really got far enough to fight the Dominators.

I will keep refreshing each hour and hope it pops up soon!

It’s supposed to go up at 12 PDT, so about an hour from now. Like you, I’m checking regularly.

You can completely ignore the RTS missions, thankfully. And yeah, sometimes even turning on afterburner, I’d chase pirates that were just faster than me. It was frustrating at times.

Very nice review Brian. Don’t sweat the small stuff. It looks awesome to me and I’m buying the moment I see it!

There are weapons that slow down your target, well at least 1 weapon. Very useful for fighting ships faster than yourself. Also, I’d probably advise people not to kill the other rangers unless you have to. The universe just feels more alive with those guys around.

Can you skip the text adventures?

No missions are mandatory except for the Dominator kills (if you want to win the game) and the tutorial stuff (if you play the tutorial). You will miss out on some very easy XP and credits if you skip them all, but skip them you can.

Yeah, those just began appearing in my game, really digging it.

I’m honestly not sure.

…and the game isn’t published in my country. Great.

It’s not on Steam anywhere for at least another half hour. Don’t give up yet.

…and it’s still not up, some 20 minutes after the time that it was supposed to be available. No one on the official forum has it (via Steam, anyway) either, so there’s no cause for alarm yet.

Sometimes Steam puts up stuff at weird times, like “4:19 PM: New Game!” Or some such.

Too late, I’m already alarmed. I could of course just re-install SR2, but I’d like to see these new features.

But… why?

The normal thing is for the game to be on Steam even if is still unreleased. It’s not that I can’t download it, it’s not that I can’t buy it, it’s actually that I can’t even find the entry for the game in the search of Steam.

Not the game, or the trailer, or the forum. It also doesn’t have an entry in the “coming soon” list or in the “new release” list. It just doesn’t exist in Steam, at least for me.

For none of us, Turin Tur, and no one knows why.

Everything about this game, except the game itself, has always been a clusterfuck imho. Terrible 1990s forums, rumors, untranslated stuff and speculations. Even the translated stuff is full of errors… On Steam, not on Steam, videos on Steam that don’t work or can’t be accessed…on Impulse, maybe and according to their forums the Russian release of this was filled with bugs. It’s all a big terrible mess.

I never understood how you could have such gaming gold on your hands and still treat it so haphazardly.

It just hit Steam for $14.99.

Purchased.