Space Tyrant's draconian grip on both space and time

When you conquer a new planet, you get a random event with multiple choices. It’s the usual “pet the puppy or kick the puppy” stuff, but with the choices being to pet the puppy, kick the puppy, or throw the puppy in a pain booth. Minus the option to pet the puppy. Space Tyrant doesn’t want you to feel obligated to play a good playthrough.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2018/03/22/space-tyrants-draconian-grip-on-both-space-and-time/

Thanks for the review. It reminded me I need to get back to this game. I would have used pain booths instead of stars for the rating. Maybe four with puppies inside and one empty. :)

Excellent review for an excellent game.

It takes an hour and five minutes to cook a frozen Marie Callender chicken pot pie.

5 1/2 to 6 1/2 minutes in the microwave. :) So if you play Space Tyrant it will be done before you put it in to cook.

Philistine. Anyone with any taste knows that MC pot pies should ONLY be heated in the oven.

PREACH!

It’s like how you don’t microwave pizzas. It is comprehensively the wrong method for that type of food.

Great review Tom!

Microwaving Marie Callender pot pies (actual time is 9 or so minutes) is JUST FINE, because the f’ing box and pan are designed for microwave use. You get a nice flaky crust and everything. And none of that burnt taste you get from the oven.

[Source: having consumed many, many MC pot pies at work.]

Oh, yeah: good review, Tom. One would think you should get paid for such quality content.

This man pies.

Those little crisper liner things are really nice, to be fair.

I have absolutely fallen in love with this game. And I’m still only getting to use the evil rabbits! I do wish there was a tad more explanation out of the gate (it took awhile to get the hang of combat, and figuring out that things like ship placement in the fleet actually matter) but overall it’s an amazing strategy game with enough tension in each game’s individual goals and tactics to keep me playing just… one… more… turn. Ok, just one… more… campaign.

rogue-like

Does this still need a hyphen, or has it become it’s own word?

One person’s grand strategic rogue-like might be the next person’s 4x roguelite.

Wait wait wait. Space Hamster???!!!

SOLD.

That space hamster will eff your ess up. He is NOT to be trifled with. Space sharks? Pfft. It’s the space hamsters that you gotta watch out for.

-Tom

No Space Tapirs, No Sale

It has a Space Bird! Win!

“Awk! Awk!”

So Yehats, then

More like this guy.
images