Special Space Force - Space Army Manager with narrative combat

Overall, I’m getting very mixed results, it appear that like everything in life, people have very different opinions on what makes a good name for a game xD Even Special Space Force received as many votes as Star Corps, and the most voted for was only 2 votes ahead of that (only a pool of 28 votes though)

To be honest I really like Legio Astra, which was a suggestion on the Discord server, but I equally like IPSOC, which is styled after the very real MARSOC. I don’t have to choose for a while yet, so maybe back to the drawing board again to come up with some other names.

In other news, I tested the first version of the narrative system today -

It’s basic, but it does what it’s supposed too. This is just running an intro to a combat, so next up I need to make it find and display stories/text about the fight as the player steps through it.

Big update today - Version 0.3.9 of the Special Space Force Prototype is going up today!

This Version includes combat, which executes (mostly) without errors and allows your forces to finally slaughter Alien scum! On the flip side, it also allows your troopers to be slaughtered by Alien scum…

You can see a quick summary video here -
Feature Focus: Combat

Also, this version is available for everyone to download and try, if you want to get hold of that version head to the Bitspark website downloads page!

^ 60 troopers vs 150 Enslavers = not good :(

This version also brings a host of little fixes, such as fixes for missing textures on planets and the camera being able to leave the gameplay zone in the sector view.

If you download the game and give it a try, please join the Discord Server to post any bugs and join in with the growing community there!

See you on the battlefield Generals!