Spellforce 2

The expansion is on a flash sale for Steam right now at $6.80 for the game or $8.50 if you also want the digital goodies. The sale ends at 11:00 AM EST

This is well worth a go if you ever enjoyed Spellforce. Native wide screen support as well, the last one I played didn’t have that.

Well hello 2006 me. Picked this up for GOGpennies and having fun 8 years on.

I’ve had Spellforce 1 and 2 in my backlog for ages. At this point, is playing 1 worthwhile or if I muster up the will to install one of them should I jump straight to 2?

To be blunt I’d wait for 3 :)

It was only 2 years ago you were having fun with it! :-)

IMO Spellforce 2 is several orders of magnitude better than the first, and there’s no real story carryover, so you can just jump straight into 2 without missing anything.

But the one out in September is only $26.99!

https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/download-spellforce-3/5012907

But I still need to play 2!

I finally got around to trying this. Finished the first and half of the second map in the campaign (made it to the Baron). There really hasn’t been too much ‘RTS’ yet. Built a small number of troops in one part, was given another small group later. On the RTS side, I think this style game has lost most of its appeal to me. I tried AoE 2 HD and I just couldn’t get into it. I couldn’t stomach the Joan of Arc campaign in that one and couldn’t get interested in the skirmish - and the AoE series was my absolute favorite RTS series. I played a ton of it when it came out.

On the RPG side…
I much rather play something with more detailed / more tactical combat.

When this came out I probably would have liked it quite a bit, but I think time has left this one behind.

Boy this game reminded me how much farther along story telling and voice acting is these days.

Spellforce 3 has a beta… MP and skirmish modes I think. Going to give it a look :)