Spellforce: Conquest of Eo is like Age of Wonders and Thea made a baby

what are the ending/victory conditions?

Oh, sure. Steam users and gamers in general are incredibly obnoxious, nothing new there. I don’t know why developers spend any time at all interacting with their “fans”, to be honest. You couldn’t pay me enough to do it.

Hopefully the developers don’t listen to them. I think it has been proven time and time again that the number of people playing a game usually greatly outnumbers the multiplayer population. I feel for @KevinC though as it could be a fun game with friends. I wonder how well Dani Bunten’s quote still holds true “No one on their death bed ever said I wish I’d spent more time with my computer.” This also had me thinking, I wonder how many, if any, people who usually end up playing games just single player have ended up not buying a game because it lacked multiplayer. They like the idea of mp, but rarely if ever actually do it yet it still influences their purchase decision. I’m sure there is someone out there like that.

@KevinC when you play a coop/mp are you doing it live like a Paradox game, or playing through something like Giant Multiplayer Robot for Civ, or pbem? I thought it was neat that Firaxis brought that GMR type functionality into Civ 6 proper. Having infrastructure like that built in seems the way to go these days if possible so a player just needs to play and hit next. I wonder what percentage of games actually get completed for asynch games like that though.

Ok, off to avenge my fallen master.

Usually live (including Paradox games), but I realize my schedule for gaming is maybe not unique, but certainly niche, so I’m not expecting a developer to cater to me. Async MP would be pretty cool and is likely a lot more feasible for most adults, it’s just been a matter of not finding many MP async games I want to play. I’m more of a cooperative gamer rather than competitive and it seems like the bulk of the async games I’ve encountered have been geared more towards the latter (Dominions comes to mind).

Ultimately, gaming for me is a social thing with family or friends. But that also means that a lot of MP-oriented games can miss their mark for me. I don’t have any desire to play games with randoms, PUGs, matchmaking, etc. I guess I would say I’m into co-op, not MP?

Why do you have to say these things. I need to sleep at some point.

Finish the story quest AFAIK. Again, this is not really a 4X so you won’t be conquering the map or anything like that. It’s really not exactly like anything else which is why people keep trying to come up with multiple games to describe it as.

OK so finish the quests with the crowns on them? The one I have now is the all fire, Do you remember how many more there are after that?
I was worried I’d have to do all of the Tasks on the first page of the grimoire, this sounds more manageable

How do you finance your armies? Stuff keeps running out and I need higher tier units to take on some of the adventure areas, yet I am selling ingredients (I am an Alchemist) to keep myself in the positives.

I am trying to capture areas, but these areas run out faster than I am expanding.

I’ve been selling ingredients too. Also trading Menna for Gold, two to one, Since our researched the transmutation spell

Yeah, I am thinking about that. However My manna gain is very small. I could of course forgoe skill and research for all manna and maybe that would work, but that idea seems like it is wrong and there must be some other mechanic.

If you have researched the Aid spell, you can cast that to heal undead units. Also, when they level up you can pick the undead healing perk if it pops up as a choice. You can also use consume corpse during battle to heal 30hp. There’s also supposed to eventually be tower options that heal undead.

Edit: I also saw this on Steam forums which might help you out:

But, of course, the best part of undead is their ridiculous access to lifesteal and how powerful it is. My main squad hasn’t taken a loss in a long time, even while warring against multiple mages at full power, because of lifesteal. Lifesteal on T2 acolytes, flayed ones, or skeleton riders is decent. But when you can get lifesteal on a blood golem, he practically becomes immortal. Blood-charged is hilariously overpowered with the right strategy, which also gives a tiny heal to undead per turn.

And on another note entirely, fuck shaper golems. How are you supposed to kill those bastards?

I am playing an Alchemist now. I still may go back to my undead campaign. The Alchemist is definitely easier than the Necro. However, I never saw life steal on anything. Maybe its a spell I did not unlock or a random trait I never say (hard to get units to a high level).

I’m not sure, I’m still a long way from finishing my first game!

I have read of permanent gold sources where you could park your tower. But I wanted to discover this by myself so I don’t know the details. One thing I have figured out: The mountains will grant you plenty of gold.

I have found a few, but they are very low value, like +1 gold or maybe +2 even. They have to be in your domain of course and that kind of doesn’t work too well since you need your domain elsewhere from time to time.

Like a bridge then, ah, I get it. Btw.: Have you built workshops in your tower? And maybe there’s a building better than a workshop that could help.

and minor spoiler: you unlock the ability to improve your tower structures at some point, and some of those upgrades can generate gold too.

Dropping a lodge next to Sevenkeeps seems pretty good too. 3 permanent gold per turn, 2 research, and +4 relationship with the city.

so i did that allfire quest, No it looks like it wants me to do any three of a large number of tasks, including wiping out all the circlemages, getting a hero to 15, Researching some large number of spells, etc. I enjoyed the start of the game once I figured out what was going on but it’s been going on for a while now and it feels like there’s still a lot left. I wish they had options for smaller maps!

I watched a stream of this and there seems to be a whole lot of ways to heal as the necromancer. I am gathering that the Necromancer is just not as straight forward as other classes. It seems quite capable, but perhaps best as the second run/ once familiar with the game type class.

Now I have the orc circle mage taking over all of my stuff. Capturing lodges, capturing nodes… His armies are far more powerful than mine.

I also have more heroes / students than I can afford armies for.