Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

October 2022:

I didn’t know it was coming, I didn’t know the follow-up would be at least two follow-ups, but my interest is piqued.

Lord and Miller are still involved, that’s all you need to say, let’s gooooooooo

I’m amazingly excited for this and I never want to see any other previews. Can’t wait!

I keep forgetting to do this but as someone who doesn’t watch previews, I should watch them later. Now that I’ve seen Spider-Man into the spider verse multiple times, I should find that thread and watch the previews they put out starting at the beginning of that thread.

So far away!

Holy shit yes please and thank you.

Just look on YouTube for Teaser, Trailer 1, and Trailer 2. But from memory:

Teaser: reveals Alternate Spider-Man 1
Trailer 1: reveals Alternate Spider-Man* 2
Trailer 2: reveals Alternate Spider-Men* 3, 4, and 5

They really could have stopped without revealing all of the surprise characters.

Given how much my son (and I to be fair) enjoyed 1, this is instantly on my to watch list.

Loved the first one and am absolutely looking forward to the sequel. Am not really fond of the “Part One” bit though. Can we have a complete story, please?

Yeeeeesssssssssssss. Do want. Loving the art style (again).

After a decade of mostly dreadful, uninspired MCU slogs, it’s a bit of a thrill just to be excited for a superhero sequel again! And I am very excited for this one.

In the meantime, Mobious of the TVA is busy cleaning up some of the more problematic Spider-man variants.

NSFW

It looks … absolutely fine!

I am disappointed in me for not being more excited after liking the first one, but, dare I say it, this trailer doesn’t show anything super-intriguing to me. This response is no doubt because I’ve gotten burned out on the “multiverse! a zillion different Spider-men! lots and lots of references to things you liked from the past!” thing after the Internet chatter for Spider-man: No Way Home, which due to the pandemic feels like it’s been going on for the last ten million years.

(And possibly I’m a little more reserved after The Mitchells Vs. The Machines turned out to be … absolutely fine.)

First and foremost, and just as I said about Peter and Far From Home, I hope we get a good solid story about Miles. I don’t really need a multiverse, or a multi-part epic movie, for that.

OMG I laughed so hard.

I don’t disagree at all, but at the same time, I have an 8yr old daughter who loves Spiderman, and I can tell, is miffed that the female characters are always Pete Parker hanger-ons. Gwen as a Spider-hero intrigues her loads and scratches the itch I can tell was nagging her. Maybe they can keep it contained to those two (they won’t).

Release pushed back.

Columbia Pictures and Sony Pictures Animation’s “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse,” the sequel to 2018’s acclaimed “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse,” has been bumped to June 2, 2023. The animated follow-up had been slated to hit theaters on Oct. 7 of this year. Additionally, the film has been retitled, dropping its original parenthetical subtitle of “Part One.” “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Part II,” the already announced threequel in the “Spider-Verse” series, has also been given an official release date of March 29, 2024.

Yum yum.

Yes. Fuck yes. Might brave an actual theater for that one.