Spider-Man Far From Home - Spidey needs to go back!

Basically Peter has to reject the massive power he was given if he’s going to maintain any similarity to the Spider-Man we know. It was fine for the MacGuffin needed for this movie, but he can’t be the head of the Avengers or have EDITH, or anything like that.

For example, why wouldn’t he just wear the full Ironman suit? Sure, he’d be giving up using Spider agility, but he’d be much more powerful and be able to fly as well as augment his super strength.

Heck, why doesn’t anyone just get in the Ironman suit? There was nothing special about Tony with regard to using that suit. This is the basic problem with Ironman – it’s tech that’s so powerful, anyone can become a superhero, regardless of abilities.

And apparently anyone with a reasonable mastery of touchscreens can recreate that tech now. That seems. . . like a choice, on the part of the filmmakers, lol.

It’s suggested, more than once, that Parker has more than a reasonable mastery of touchscreens.

LET ME SNARK DAMN YOU

oh neat someone disabled the “no all caps” posts warning in discourse

I like Tom Holland as Peter Parker a great deal, but from the perspective of the studio: that’s a lot of weight to put on one actor. There’s a reason Robert Downey Jr. got the big bucks.

Sheesh, okay! Snark away!

Just saw the first spiderman (homecoming) after seeing the European one last week on a date.

I like Tobey Mcquire in the old spidermans but …

This was pretty good. Even if it mutilates the original stuff. I have to admit notwithstanding my natural resistance to all things new – “Tom Holland” makes a good spiderman. Damn my eyes.

I guess all good things…

Disney asked that future Spider-Man films be a 50/50 co-financing arrangement between the studios, and there were discussions that this might extend to other films in the Spider-Man universe. Sony turned that offer down flat…

Sony proposed keeping the arrangement going under the current terms where Marvel receives in the range of 5% of first dollar gross, sources said. Disney refused.

Sources said that Sony reasoned that they will be fine, without Feige. The creative template has been set on the Spider-Man films, and Watt and Holland are in place along with Amy Pascal, who became producer with Feige after she exited the executive suite after presiding over the previous Spider-man iterations directed by Sam Raimi and Marc Webb as Sony Pictures chief.

Ugh… what a mess.

Wow.

Spider man was the one bright light for me in the next phase, so that’s a disappointment. On the other hand, if Sony doesn’t screw this up horribly, maybe Spidey can do independent stuff finally, and then join the Avengers whenever they come back and Sony + Marvel are bffs again.

I know I shouldn’t want Disney to become even more of a monopoly, but can’t they just swallow up Sony pictures?

Sony and Disney should just get along. Disney does not need another studio.

Just think how relived Peter will be that he doesn’t have to be the new Iron Man now.

Dude, can you imagine? The next Spiderman movie won’t even mention Iron Man, or Fury, or Edith, or anything. It’ll just be gone! It’s the Disney blip.

EDIT: It’s funny because clearly Marvel were trying to integrate MCU stuff so heavily into the movie that Sony wouldn’t be able to make a sequel without them, and Sony’s like, ‘Naaaaaaah’.

As That Guy who didn’t like the Iron Man Jr. component of Far From Home, I’m less worried about this change than many. Keeping Spidey separate from convoluted MCU tie-ins is perfectly fine with me.

Who knows? Maybe we’ll get a movie as good as Spiderverse. (I know, we’re more likely to get something like Venom … or even worse, Amazing Spider-man 2.)

I mean, yeah, that didn’t make any sense to me either. Who expected him to be the new Iron Man? I didn’t. But having him be in a world where the Avengers don’t exist is going to be… jarring.

Except they don’t exist for now anyway… All part of Feige’s plan. He foresaw it all.

I care way more about this than this:

I didn’t get that impression though until this last Spidey movie. Maybe Disney wanted that and Sony didn’t. I don’t know, but he doesn’t have to have every spiderman movie linked to them.

The lack of others when someone is in real trouble is just a serious weakness when it comes to pretty much any superhero take. I just assume he would join the Avengers or the Avengers would come together when something huge comes along, or maybe just a few of them at a time.

Maybe the Avengers can take on a new recruit, Arachnid Dude. He does whatever, uh, that other guy can. Is he strong? Listen bud; he’s got, you know, diathermonous blood.

Wait, there’s an Ant-Man and an Arachnid Dude now?

So male centric. What they need instead is Web Woman

Their next movie with him will probably be a total disaster. I am not at all optimistic.