Spin Request: Consultant for GOP admits to jamming lines

I am saddened to be, as of yet, undeserving of a proper pigeon’s hole.

Woah! I have been served.

I am going to have to do about 10 minutes of poppin’ to beat Damien’s ability to be indignant for being called long winded in a thread where he wrote some 10,000 words on what his reply could have been if he was actually going to reply.

And Anax, really, just because you correctly defined a word and defended its correct use - how dare you!

Chet

Who am I to question my role?

I say, chaps, why not just change the name of the this area from P&R to “Crossfire” and be done with it?

Its impressive that you pointed this out.

There’s going to be a tendency toward that in any case, since we all have our specific personalities and areas of knowledge.

The “dark” side of this process is that people become trapped in their persona, and their persona is more limited than their identity. So Chet gets to be Mr. Tabloid. Again, and again, and again. The reason this happens is that more can be accomplished with respect to the ego if you have a focused persona. As you become associated with a personality, or a theme, or a rival, spectators are gained. People feel more comfortable, more pleasured, by reading your posts in that light since its a revisiting of a friend instead of meeting a stranger. They’ll respond more favorably to you if you stay in your box. Literally every time I’ve done something out of character (or seemingly out of character based on what the spectator knows about me) in traditional reality I’m given a shocked rebuke, so certainly the same thing applies there as well.

Collectively this can be called “Know your Role”. Some of the individual’s range is sacrificed for the “social good”. The social good is reinforced through honoring the individual for “knowing his role” and staying in his box. The vast majority of individuals don’t even realize this process is going on… they are too busy receiving spectator attention. Keep the Attention Coming!, they proclaim.

I wonder whether it really is the social good or rather just caters to laziness. Would you rather hear a song you’ve heard 100 times before or hear a new song?

A new song is a challenge, the spectator has to think about it. Has to consider it, evaluate it. Its no wonder I’m rebuked every time I present one.

Bullshit! When you actually posted an amusing, on-topic, not insanely-rambling quip in the Games thread the other day, I and a couple other posters immediatly congratulated you and expressed amazement that you had done it. I’d be delighted to see you take on a more natural, conversational, you know, REGULAR HUMAN style to your posting.

Bullshit! When you actually posted an amusing, on-topic, not insanely-rambling quip in the Games thread the other day, I and a couple other posters immediatly congratulated you and expressed amazement that you had done it. I’d be delighted to see you take on a more natural, conversational, you know, REGULAR HUMAN style to your posting.[/quote]

Amusing, on-topic, and not insanely-rambling quips are not out of character for me… people just like to say otherwise to gain Anti-Koontz Qt3 points.

While many of my posts are long, they are not rambling. Every word has its place or its not there (that doesn’t mean I always make the best selections of what’s there). When you understand only part of what someone writes, the other part may seem to be “rambling” once you convince yourself it can’t be otherwise. Noone enjoys reading something they don’t understand, but they gain that enjoyment back with the pleasure of calling it “rambling”. Its revenge for the discomfort of a lack of understanding.

Sometimes I get into details, and get into specifics, and become comprehensive. All of that draws out a post. Kitsune is a Hyper-example of this… he REALLY gets into details and specifics with many of his posts. According to Qt3’s faux-logic he is a worse rambler than me, but if you examine his posts he really doesn’t ramble either. However, unlike me, he usually stays with relatively simple themes thus avoiding the revenge factor (when his themes get complex they involve Japanese culture which causes only Adoration despite the lack of understanding). Simply being Japanese also causes a positive bias.

I can no more repress my style than Sparky and DrCrypt can repress theirs. Destroyed, possibly… repressed, never.

Hey Sparky, DrCrypt… we’ll have to talk like regular humans from now on. Quatoria has decreed it. That’s right, no more “holier than thou” stylish writing… yep. Gotta do the Joe Schmoe thing.

No, it’s because it’s like the difference between reading HTML source of a page made by Word and a page written by hand by someone who knows what they’re doing - they may produce the same results in a browser but sure as hell the Word one is going to be just about as impenitrable to understand by the sheer volume of crap that is generated.

Dance, Rhesus-boy, dance.

It seems the barrister is trying hard to inject some much-needed levity into his discourse. I applaud his attempt. :lol:

[size=2]Kin I go back to one-liners now?[/size]

Chet, if you were a stock traded on the NYSE, then past performance would be an indicator of future returns. My post, while it became puffy and convoluted, was simply stating the obvious: everyone here has their own style and nothing changes. In general, no one is swayed. There’s a vast teeming mass of Bush supporters here and all must join together to fend them away through any means possible. Sarcasm, alteration of news posts, and simple character assassination are all welcome and necessary. If Bush (and his hundreds of supporters here on the forum) can do it, QT3 CAN DO IT! Two wrongs do make it right!

Define humor: you responded to my categorization of you with an excellent example… of that very categorization! Actually, so did Midnight Son. Thank you folks, I’ll be here all week.

Dammit, shift-meister, do you gots to use them thar big woids just like mah man, Damien Da Beast?

http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_showfast.html?article=40561

The state Republican Party’s former executive director has been charged with conspiring in an illegal telephone jamming operation at Democratic Party offices and the Manchester firefighters union headquarters on election day, 2002.