Spotify: joys, trials, and tribulations

Pretty sure this was debunked, or more accurately: Customer service was overwhelmed and couldn’t handle the request volume. There was no issue with self-service cancellations through the website.

Harvest and Harvest Moon are my favorites.

Those are exactly the two I was going to mention, you beat me to it.

Young’s music changes a LOT depending on his mood, but I’m guessing a majority of fans would point you to those two. Also Everybody Knows This is Nowhere.

One of my personal favorites is Reactor, but I know a lot of people HATE that album.

I personally love Rust Never Sleeps.

Same here.

Tbh, and don’t scream, but in the car I put on ARC and crank it to 11.

Spotify 2022 wrap up is available (only on the mobile version of the app for some reason, not on the desktop or web version). I’m not super surprised by top bands or songs in hindsight, but listening to over 7k minutes makes me feel good about my choice to pay the subscription - imagine how many minutes of that would be ads if I hadn’t?

I’m at 41700 minutes… and that does NOT include podcasts or audiobooks.

That’s almost 30 days of music. Did you just leave it running over night lol?!

I was over 50k music and 25k podcasts. I listen to music much of the day when I work and podcasts on my commute&exercise.

Are us non-Spotifiers welcome in here? :)

32k minutes here which they sadly don’t include on the summary graphic.

You got Tool and APC in your top artists, you’re welcome anywhere, kid.

Filthy casuals with your sub 60k minutes.

Also,

I was only on a streaming service for a few months this year. And it’s the one that has the crappiest Wrapped clone, and my kids cluttered it…this album list seems familiar enough, though.

I recall going for a Spotify subscription a decade ago specifically for mobile use. Definitely not a new thing.

I wish video game music were readily available on platforms like Spotify, but I’m guessing that’s more of a wider industry licensing thing, with only a few more recent soundtracks able to be easily secured.

My kid’s total (shared with permission) from 2021 is rather insane. The huge drop to “only” 38,321 in 2022 was thanks to Tidal being used for most of their listening. To be fair, my kid uses public transportation everywhere (lives/works in the DC area) and works from home half the week, so music is a constant companion.
2021:

2022:

I listen to music so little, and have such a stunted library that Spotify tells me my Top Genre is ‘Alternative Metal’, just like many of you here (or at least a close relative) and I only recognize 2 or so artists from your lists (excluding Taylor Swift). I should actually open up Spotify and listen to stuff I guess.

The data nerd in me always enjoys the yearly wrap up.