Stadia - Google's vision for the future of gaming

So…I have a fairly crappy PC, 4th gen i7, 16 gigs of ram, and a 2g GPU. I’ve been playing some stuff through Stadia via my Ubi+ subscription. I have to say, for me, it’s amazing. I’ve been mostly playing Far Cry 5, and Assassins Creed: Origins, and they both run amazing well, and look great. I have no discernable input lag (at least not to a point it bothers me), and the games both have run without any kind of artifice, screen tearing, stutters etc. These games run and look far better running via Stadia, than they do running on my machine native.

For me personally, I see a lot of value in this service, because it allows me to play newish games that would otherwise eat my PC. I’m almost always in a position of ‘way behind the curve’ on my PCs, so this is fantastic.

After reading all the stuff about Stadia, I was actually shocked at how well it worked. I’ve played both of those games for hours, and have yet to encounter a single hiccup. Being able to just click on a title, and be up and running within 30 seconds…no downloads, no patches, no bullshit library installs… it’s pretty awesome in my book. /shrug.

If you always have a fairly up to date and beefy gaming rig, sure, you can make a case for all that comes with that, but a lot of people in the world aren’t in that position. The appeal of not having to have a top end PC, and still have access to new releases is one that really hits the right mark for me.