Stadia - Google's vision for the future of gaming

LOL !!!

Haha almost forgot about that ridiculousness. As I recall some people were defending it in this thread early on.

Finally years of idly clicking on this thread pay off.

Whew, glad that’s settled then.

The source is the “killedbygoogle” Twitter account. His source in turn was somebody anonymous (not known to him, or verified in any way) reporting on what they’d supposedly heard from somebody working at Google.

It’s not even “my uncle works at Nintendo” level of credibility; it’s “a guy on social media says their uncle works at Nintendo”. Why would you believe a word they’re saying? Mr. Killedbygoogle doesn’t seem to be all that confident in this either, and is hiding behind a “I’m just a shit poster” defense: https://twitter.com/killedbygoogle/status/155293002348465766….

It’s a pretty sad sign of where gaming journalism is these days that something with this little credibility got reported in the first place, and then picked up by other places.

And yet, I find it more believable than what Google is saying. Odd!

I imagine they have signed contracts for Stadia Pro, and won’t shut it down until those expire. Won’t be long, though.

Ehh… I’ll pass. And I have a LG TV.

Edit: Then again, Stadia Pro includes permanent game licenses every month, right? When Google inevitably kills the service, you’re likely to be allowed to keep 'em on Steam or whatever. I guess I’ll sign up just for that.

My TV must not be a new enough model, I don’t see a Stadia app available.

Not really permanent, but more like PS Plus. You get to add the “free” Pro games to your library and you get to keep them even once they’re removed from Pro. But they’re only playable when you have an active subscription.

Aha-- so then we won’t get them when Google kills Stadia. Oh well, saves me from setting up my LG TV to access the internet just to sign up and then going to the trouble of removing all that access and dis-agreeing with the various “we want to mine your watching habits” agreements.

You also get a 10$ coupon to spend in their store (maybe, not sure if it’s still around). I used it to pick up an unplayed Borderlands 3 for a dollar last year.

There’s 50ish games with Pro so it’s worth checking out the list at least. I paid for one month when some games I wanted were on there. I then bought a few on Steam because streaming them sucked.

The new FNaF is on there, maybe I should resub…

This is not just for Stadia, but Google is testing GeForce Now, Xbox Cloud Gaming, and Amazon Luna games directly from search results.

This was free to play this weekend. I didn’t know the last couple of days, so there’s only today left to try it out. It’s still a Stadia exclusive, I believe.

I found out through a thread on cheapassgamer. Someone said it was a mixture of Stranger Things and Resident Evil 2 Remake.

I guess now it’s official.

Yay! I get my 99 cents back for Borderlands 3!

I wonder if people will figure out a way to use the Stadia controller outside of the system?

Also, makes this pretty tragic:

What’s this dude’s deal? Is he a developer about to drop a game, or just a super fan of Stadia?

Oh wow, what a surprise.

I look forward to getting the $24 back from the “Premiere Edition” i bought a year ago just to mess around with the controller.

I think it’s pretty fair to say that “4scarrs gaming” guy is a super fan, yes.