Stadia - Google's vision for the future of gaming

snort

And Google’s is? Why? Xbox has some pedigree as an actual gaming brand, and Microsoft are obviously the Windows company.

The point of my OP was trying to get an idea for what tangible ADVANTAGES Stadia has over xCloud, because all I see are a list of things where they are either at parity, or xCloud has a clear advantage (assuming both services work as advertised with broadly similar plans, and all questions of the actual market, internet caps etc. aside, since that’s the only way we can meaningfully discuss this).

If you’re a consumer looking at both options, I just don’t see what Stadia would offer you that xCloud won’t, PLUS those other advantages.

MAYBE Microsoft just step on a bunch of rakes and make xCloud thoroughly unpalatable when we learn about the business model, but that’s a continent-sized “if” - especially considering Microsoft have the advantage of already knowing Google’s business model and pricing, and being able to counter-program for it.

That isn’t really true. The public were able to use xCloud at E3 last month, as were the press.

The key is “less tested” which, I think it fair to say that Stadia’s very public Odyssey test is “more” since it involved players from all over the country, versus a controlled E3 area.

Sure, that’s fair - my comment was more in reaction to the latter bit about xCloud not being demoed to the public at all yet.

*smokes imaginary cigar*

All time travelers currently reading this thread:
https://i.imgur.com/6XOKBkg.jpg

This is much better than the reply I typed up and threw away.

About one game a month

Cyberpunk 2077 announced for Stadia. Good news for folks that may not have current PC hardware.

I’d just planned to play it on my PS4 Pro. Isn’t this announced for current generation consoles?

Yes.12

Umm what? Stadia Exclusive? WAT?

We took the wrong turn and now we are on the weird universe.

A tower defense first person forever game makes sense for stadia. But I am not sure about OrcMustDie, I find the art bland.
Stadia probably will want games that players just never finish, and with OMD you would alwas be tryiing to get better traps and better weapons and even harder dificulty levels. Also is instance based, so seems a good match for the architecture.

Finnaly Google has found something to do with his computer grid, and is not murder drones to kill people in afganistan.

As yiss. Now we can start arguments in the Stadia thread that mimics the EGS thread.

Nick you are a monster for doing that.

Bad mod, BAD

Does anyone care about the OMD franchise anymore, though? They went off and made OMD Unleashed which was… not what people wanted from the franchise and everyone kind of forgot about it.

Plus, still only two player which is a bummer.

Preparations have begun.

I’m curious why that game, but yeah 2 player game from a series that just kind of shed it’s fanbase with the last title they released… we’ll see.

I’m not sure how I feel about a store getting exclusive games. I wonder if anyone else has an opinion on that?