STALKER is actually shipping in less than 3 months?

Dunno, gamespot review seemed to imply it didn’t but a patch is forthcoming. Any guinea pigs?

These last few posts really highlight the perils of PC gaming :P

The Gamespot review says there’s problems on Vista.

Looking forward to it. I wonder how many games Vista is going to mess up performance in? The memory footprint alone is ridiculous.

Anyone hear if this title has any chance of coming to the 360?

Maybe for the 720.

I’m running it on Vista with an 8800. There’s no quicksave, so you have to exit to the main menu every time you want to save. Sadly, every 2 or 3 times I exit to the main menu, the game crashes. So basically, I’ve been crashing every 5-10 minutes.

I’ve been talking with THQ, and they say a patch is due this week which should help with Vista issues.

I had people in other forums insist there is quicksave F5 and load F9. How retarded if there isn’t.

That would be incredibly stupid indeed - not having a quicksave option despite having a save-anywhere system is about as daft as it gets. I’m hoping sluggo just missed it somewhere in the documentation.

BTW, anyone else thinks there’s way too many games coming out this March as opposed to previous years? I don’t want to jinx it or something!

F6 is Quicksave
F7 is Quickload

And the game becomes unstable in Vista. It’ll be working, and then suddenly trying to save or quicksave crashes the game.

And good luck trying to use quickload or load after you die. It don’t work. Gotta quit the game and restart it to reload.

Is a vista problem? Or do you have to quit the game, and restart it to load a savegame on XP too?

No, works fine in XP. All those problems crop up in Vista. If you check the readme file, Vista is mentioned nowhere in the minimum, recommended, or high system specs, but XP and Win2K are.

Didn’t we learn about 10 years ago not to place those keys next to each other? I remember this biting me in the ass.

Ah, thanks for that info on the quicksave/load keys. They’re not listed in the keyboard controls menu, nor are they documented in the game manual.

Wow, depressing that there is no word of a digital download for this yet. I refuse to buy boxed games anymore nowadays ;)

-Chris

Reading these reactions makes me glad I reverted back to XP from Vista Ultimate. Wake me up when Vista gets a DX 10 game or a good 8800 series driver.

I’m dying to know why that would be?

Same here.

Guess you could say its a extreme case of laziness and not wanting to have to keep popping a cd into my drive everytime I play. I love just clicking run and off I go.