STALKER is actually shipping in less than 3 months?

Hard Truck English.

3nglishki

Inglysh.

Well, Po-angliski (almost sounds like ‘Pangliski’) is the Russian word for English (at least, how it’s pronounced). Po-rooski is the word for Russian.

“Ponimahyitye po-angliski?”
“Nyet. Ya ne ponimayu po-angliski”

Well, Po-angliski (almost sounds like ‘Pangliski’) is the Russian word for English (at least, how it’s pronounced). Po-rooski is the word for Russian.

“Ponimahyitye po-angliski?”
“Nyet. Ya ne ponimayu po-angliski”

You’re a dirty pinko for knowing such things.

Tventy ruble bonus for leetspeek/cyrillic crossover, comrade

According to joystiq this game just went gold. I am looking forward to the singleplayer, but am probably gonna hold off until I upgrade my 6800GS. It looks really cool (multiplayer looks uninpired at best).

For what it is, the multiplayer isn’t that bad. Obviously co-op would’ve been ideal but its not there so no use in beating it to death.

RE: poor storytelling. A couple of theories I have is that 1.) in the past 3 months they’ve failed to mention or have outright denied any connection with the novel “Roadside Picnic” which is what the game was originally based on. It was actually a selling point of the game early on but, obviously, someone must’ve inquired about royalties and people ran for the hills. They may have had to butcher some of the back story to avoid litigation.

2.) I’ve also played quite a few eastern European titles and the storytelling is often bizarre and/or very convoluted. Whether this is typical for that part of the world or it’s just a product of translation I’m not sure but I am not suprised that its an issue with STALKER (in either case).

Pretty good reviews for this coming in. At Eurogamer today.

It’s a great & glorious world when this and Armed Assault can be had for £17.99 each. Happy, happy, happy.

Any sightings of a digital download on this one yet? Was hoping to see it on D2D or Steam

-Chris

Well, the pirates have it already, so yeah. Otherwise not so much.

8.5 from Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/stalker/review.html?sid=6167650&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

And a 8.1 from IGN.

I’m ready! I can’t wait! Horror + Deus Ex + Oblivion + FPS? I’m so there.

The reviews sound pretty kick-ass. Definitely gonna pick this up as soon as I see it on the shelves.

It apparently shipped today!

I’m in.

I love to hear when I game that seemed like it would never come out, finally does come out and is at least pretty good. This one sounds pretty compelling, technical issues and all. I think I may pick it up too.

I’ll be buying it as well. But you know it will need patching.

Gamespot review sold me, I’ll have to wait for a Vista compatable patch, but I’ll snag it once that happens.

argh, it won’t run on vista yet? Even if you set it to run as XP sp2?

Does anyone know if it will be available via digital distribution?