Star Trek Day 2021 (55 years of TREK)

Three days until Star Trek 2023! Paramount has a few things lined up for this year, with a special look back at 57 years of Trek, and 50 years of animated Trek hosted by Jerry O’Connell - this will be free to watch on Youtube, Twitch and Facebook, as well as Paramount+ if you just prefer to pay for things. Additionally, the first two episodes of Strange New Worlds’s first season will air on CBS on Friday at 8pm Eastern and Pacific. Links to all that stuff in the one below:

So, if you aren’t really into watching a 22 minute presentation about all things Trek, I think one thing worth mentioning coming soon is Very Short Treks, a new series of 5 short form Trek stories, made in the style of the original Star Trek animated series.

Fun video overall, but that they’ve not mentioned Prodigy at all makes me mad.

Apparently Prodigy no longer exists. Guess we might as well just wipe it from our memories. Which is crazy because they’re still pimping the original Star Trek animated series which I fully enjoyed but is totally an acquired taste. I don’t know who the Prodigy folks pissed off to get totally wiped from the face of the earth.