Star Trek Discovery (2017)

Did Pulaski really die by falling down a turbo lift shaft? I seem to recall her character on LA Law died by falling down an elevator shaft too.

After watching all Star Trek series, I am surprised how well all of them stand. All of them. They all have something for me and I enjoy them.

Heh she didn’t, and somehow her dying in a shady would probably have made me hate those writers even more.

Especially a slim shady. :)

Heh. Tasha died by a Slime Shady.

I’m talking about Pulaski.

Oh wait. It looked like you replied to me but I think you really didn’t. Discourse…

No I did. Two separate Eminem jokes. Sorry.

Do people feel because of that one episode that the whole series was just TNG-era VR? I thought the episode was lame, but not that it proved the whole series was just imaginary.

No. It’s more like Enterprise is part of that continuity… aka the same universe being that Enterprise is the history behind TOS which is the history behind TNG… they link, not that Enterprise was just as story. Riker was just reliving history, but that’s not what made it bad. That send off just wasn’t appropriate for the Enterprise cruise and actors.

Yeah, it essentially made all of Enterprise a historical footnote to TNG.

More on the Klingons and why they look the way they do.

[quote]
Showrunner Aaron Harberts noted that original series showrunner Bryan Fuller was an advocate of updating the look of the Klingons and was involved in the redesign — and that the look of the Klingons has frequently changed over the franchise’s 52 years.

“In the different versions of Trek, the Klingons have never been completely consistent,” Harberts said. “We will introduce several different houses with different styles. Hopefully, fans will become more invested in the characters than worried about the redesign.”[/quote]

And we have a new show poster! I like this one a lot.

I’d like it a lot more if the ship didn’t look so lame.

At least I like the Klingons.

Oh man, I’d love to frame that poster.

I like the ship. I 3D printed one. :)

I hate the Klingons, though, because they’re too far differentiated from canon, but most of all because their outfits look stupidly impractical and ceremonial. Klingons are a warrior race.

Lots of pink in that poster… For a Star Trek series.

It’s Space Fuschia.

So basically their explanation for why they changed the Klingons is, “Because we felt like it.” Thanks guys, that cleared everything up.

Agree on the ship. Actually to me it looks like a Federation saucer grafted on to a Klingon ship.

I feel that way about the ship interior. Why would a warrior race waste material and energy on a flying cathedral?

I just worry the weirder the Klingons get, like the less and less human like they look, the easier it will be just to turn them into straight out cartoon style villains. I like the reboot, but the way the Klingons were portrayed in that was not my favorite.

What, all five seconds of them?