Star Trek Into Darkness

Thread win, page 1!

Are you guys kidding? How else are they gonna light their way thru all that darkness?

At first, I thought this was related to Star Trek Renegades: http://startrekrenegades.com/

space is disease and danger wrapped into darkness and silence.

I cast magic missile at the darkness

Last one was enjoyable, so no matter what they do STiD is doomed.

HOLY CRAP I thought bald Walter Koenig was Michael Hogan for a second.

The title is missing a comma.

Star, trek into darkness!

Now it is a Lost Boys reference…

STAR! Trek into darkness!

I really liked the score in the first one.

To be fair, this does set us up nicely for the next sequel:

Star Trekking Across The Universe

And the one after that:

Star Trek: They Still Can’t Find Reverse

Hahahah, very well played.

Arise! Rumors say that nine minutes from this film will be shown as a preview before the IMAX version of The Hobbit in a couple weeks and that Gary Mitchell is the likely villain. Those who remember the “Where No Man Has Gone Before” episode of the original series will know who that is–it’s one of my favorites, and an interesting choice if true.

Is that the one where two of the crew start turning into space gods, sorta?

He didn’t ask to become a god.

Hmm. I’m not sure if I’m a fan of reprising the Gary Mitchell, arrogant demigod conceit from the show. That got pretty hoary for me. How many times did the Enterprise (old, new, reboot, whatever) come up against that trope?

Yeah, I would be perfectly fine if gods and demigods and the like kept themselves out of Star Trek from now on. Gary Mitchell was fine I guess, Q was fine in till they played him for comic relief, although the beardy brother of Zordon in Star Trek V: Final Frontier takes the cake for stupidest godlike entity in Star Trek for me.

I get that Abrams and the gang want to pay homage to the old show, but honestly their style doesn’t feel much like old Star Trek at all, so I kind of wish they wouldn’t recycle/update plots from the old show.

Writing has never been the strength of any Star Trek movie.

Er…really? Star Trek 2 would like a little chat with you, at the very least. I’d say 6 can contend for it as well.