Star Trek Nemesis Movie

Firsst, she’s like 42. (No argument on the skankiness.)

Second - her hey-day was four years before TNG premiered, having her clothes whipped off her body in a catfight with Faye Dunaway. Now that was a role her acting talent was up to.

Although her role three years before that as a background cocksucker in Caligula should not be overlooked.

[quote=“Nick_Hyle”]

Firsst, she’s like 42. (No argument on the skankiness.)

Second - her hey-day was four years before TNG premiered, having her clothes whipped off her body in a catfight with Faye Dunaway. Now that was a role her acting talent was up to.

Although her role three years before that as a background cocksucker in Caligula should not be overlooked.[/quote]

Not bad for 42…

She seriously looks like a guy in that particular picture. Ugh. (Not in all pictures, mind you, but in that one.)

What kinds of guys are you hanging out with Murph?

Ya know, I’ve wondered about this for some time. Why is it that semi-attractive television personalities are always looked at as sex symbols…even if they don’t deserve the title?

For me, it’s because i grew up watch ST:TNG. It was a bit of a weekly family tradition for us to watch the show. On that show, Deana was the token “hot chick” that also watched over everyone and always kept a level head. So after watching the show for years in my impressionable youth, I guess she became what I thought I wanted in a woman. God, that sounds geeky as hell.

But it’s the same thing with Wonder Woman. I don’t find much appeal in her, but some of my young-30’s friends still find her to be the pinnacle of sexuality. Bo Derek, even in her prime, also has never done it for me, but my Dad’s jaw hits the floor every time he sees a classic picture of her.

So I guess it’s a matter of having this image pounded into your brain when you’re younger.

All the Hollywood chicks look sexy to me. I’m easily impressed.

me too. even the guy-chick from the crying game / stargate looks hotter than the women i meet in an average day

Rent Death Wish 3 if you want to see a youthful Sirtis in all her glory. It’s one of the greatest unintentially funny movies ever. They even had another actress dub Sirtis’s voice.

Tasha Yar was hotter than Troy anyways, I don’t care if she did die a few seasons in. Plus Data was hittin’ that shit.

Maybe I rescind my previous statement. She really looked (from the neck up, of course) like a guy in drag to me the other night, but I don’t see it as much tonight.

I know, that sounds crazy, even to me.

But I still agree with the guys who put her in the “not very attractive” category.

"Yeah, I agree. Five years might be a bit too long, but the franchise is sufering from severe over-exposure now. "

I don’t know why. They only have one series in production. The last movie was what? 1999? Enterprise is hardly a huge exposure thing.

All the real exposure comes from the re-runs. It doesn’t seem hard to find Star Trek re0runs on cable anywhere.

Inspired by STO, I just watched this movie again. I don’t understand why people have such disdain for it. I thought it was pretty solid. I thought the dune buggy scene was pretty stupid before, and still think so now, but other than that I really enjoyed watching Nemesis.

The fight between the Enterprise and the Romulan Scimitar Dreadnought is great stuff.

Why?

Oh man, as soon as I saw it was Star Trek: Nemesis Review (part 1 of 4) I knew who it was going to be! But hey, IIRC he didn’t like the new Star Trek movie either, so much as I agree with his Phantom Menace review, I don’t think he speaks for the general public or even a typical Star Trek fan.

Maybe but in that review, he is right about every point.

Well, I’m not sure I’m willing to watch 40 minutes of review. But his first point is that this movie is too dark and it’s like a horror movie. Are you fricken kidding me! I wouldn’t say it’s light hearted, but Nemesis is not particularly dark. How is this movie any darker than say “Yesterday’s Enterprise” (one of the most popular ST:TNG episodes) were (*** spoilers ***) not only is the Federation losing a war that it has been fighting for years, but we get to see a lot of people (including Riker) get killed. Also just because Shinzon gets some makeup put on at some point that hardly makes it a horror movie.

So what are his other points?

My favorite part about Nemesis is where they find B-4 and act like it’s the first time they’ve ever found another android like Data. Is it safe to assume that this was written by someone who’d never seen any other episodes of Star Trek:TNG before?

Yeah, that part nearly had me yelling at the screen.

I’m still pissed that I saw this instead of The Faculty.

As long as we’re making embarrassing confessions here, I’ll admit that I liked Nemesis a lot. I saw it twice in the theater and it was my favorite Next Generation Star Trek movie. (The one I can’t stand is First Contact. I just don’t understand why people like that movie.) Still, it did bother me that they didn’t acknowledge Lore in the movie; and the ending bothered me a lot too. There was little emotional payoff for killing off a beloved character on the show. But what I loved about the movie was that it felt like a good TNG episode based around a good nemesis for Picard, with some great drama and high stakes (destroying the Federation!) worthy of a feature film. And it had that excellent fight scene between the two ships.