Star Trek Teaser poster

Looks like they are going TOS
http://www.startrek.com/custom/include/series/MOV/011/poster1/800x1035.jpg

I’m geeking out.

They still have Star Trek?

Shatner is Kirk!

Take a look at who’s listed for Kirk. I have no idea if that can be validated though. Let’s hope not.

Sounds good to me. I doubt he would take the role though.

Let’s get Affleck for Spock!

Can’t be worse than Nemesis. No particular interest in star trek though, not for a long time now.

Given that there have already been Star Trek films much worse than Nemesis, I’m sure it can be worse too.

Yeah. I mean, as opposed to whom? Those are tough shoes to fill, and Damon has the boyish looks as well as badass/heartthrob cred. For Spock, I’ll take Jouaquin Phoenix. Bones, Brad Dourif. Uhura, Jada Pinkett-Smith. Scotty, Ewan McGregor. Sulu, Roger Wong and Yeoman Rand, Jessica Simpson, so Roger can nail that Simpson girl!

God No, I’d rather have them Forrest Gump Shatner…

Well, the shatneriskirk site also lists Damon as Kirk in the film. It sounds reasonable.

Not sure why it would be a big deal. He can actually act, unlike Shatner.

I think Damon is a pretty good pick actually, not the best but decent.

The problem I have with Damon is his ideal role seems to be the everyday man. I don’t see his “aww shucks, we’re all just folks here” role working well as Kirk.

My Spock choice: Cillian Murphy.

I prefer him best as a trained assassin, myself…

Jason Bourne didn’t seem like the “aww, shucks” everyday man.

For some reason, I didn’t find his performance in that movie memorable–meaning I don’t remember much about it, other than the car scenes. I’ll have to watch it again, and the second one since I never saw that one.

The roles I remember him best in are Good Will Hunting and Rounders, which are his more “aww, shucks” roles. He brings a certain amount of that to Dogma, too.

That said, tho, there are cetainly a lot worse choices they could have made, and I’ve generally enjoyed Damon’s movies.

Come on, you Damon naysayers. Let’s hear a better sugegstion.