Star Wars - Ahsoka on Disney+

Ohhh, I thought it was finished when it was supposed to be finished, right before the time jump in the books.

Amazon picked up The Expanse after it got cancelled by Syfy and produced 3 more seasons. It did have a conclusive ending, but also included a weird B plot in the final season that wasn’t tied to the main narrative and seemed like a setup for a potential spin-off/follow-up should Amazon choose to do so.

Ah, thanks for clarifying!

More on topic, all this Thrawn talk has got me interested in giving TIE Fighter another go.

It’s still super playable even today.

Maybe not pick-up-and-playable, but at least this time I’ll have a 2nd monitor right next to me with the keyboard layouts ready to read.

Can confirm that all of those games (TIE Fighter/X-Wing/X-Wing Alliance) hold up, and work with modern joysticks, though I couldn’t get my HOTAS to work with Alliance (not that I tried that hard).

I think, like a lot of older games, it only sees one device and even then, only a couple of axes.

So I’m taking wife through the “Essential Ahsoka Episodes” on Disney+, to prep her for this show, and it’s hilarious. The more we watch, the more she likes Ahsoka and the more she looaaaathes the Jedi.

“Fucking old man club full of hubris. They had it coming.”

I can’t really disagree with her, either.

I mean, that’s basically the point of the prequel trilogy right? The Jedi pretty much orchestrated their own downfall.

I feel like this has been answered elsewhere but I can’t seem to find it, what’s the right place to jump in on Clone Wars? I’ve always bounced off the first couple but I gather those are inessential.

Here ya go.

There’s a lot of “just okay” content in Clone Wars. It’s taken me a few years to get through 5 seasons. Season 2 was a lot better than Season 1. But when I tried the “chronological” order Brian and others suggested, I completely bounced off the show. That order, for me, wasn’t as good as just watching episode 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Anyway, this is probably a better guide and will let you skip some not-great episodes. (It’s still 89 episodes though, so it’s a lot!)

Well, yeah, in many ways that’s the whole point of the show. Ahsoka just kind of serves as the counterpart to the major issues with the Jedi that would eventually lead to Anakin’s fall from grace and the end of the Jedi era.

I only attempted watching Clone Wars once, and it was with this list. I bounced off it almost immediately too.

Shame, I found the chronological order delightful.

Chronological is the only way I’ve attempted it, and I’m at least a couple years into that first attempt and still only on season three.

But from my limited perspective so far, it would seem insane trying to follow this in release order. When I see things back to back in chronological order that are all over the place in the first few seasons and are very directly related I can’t imagine trying to remember the context or understand why they were jumping around if I watched in release order.

Maybe it would work if I tried it, but I just don’t understand what they were thinking. Sure, plenty of episodes work on their own as little standalone vignettes you could easily watch at any point, but they also do plenty of two and three episode mini arcs, and when the “first” episode in a little arc is in season three before going back to season one or something, I scratch my head.

Those are perfectly good standalone episodes. If you had seen it in release order it wouldn’t seem very strange believe me.

Heh. You too huh? Even the show is all available to me, I’m about 3 years into my attempt to get through these 7 seasons. It’s not a bingeable type of show to me.

I’ll knock out 5-7 episodes in a week, then drop it for a month and a half. It’s binge-able when I find the time, but it gets pushed to the bottom of my priorities by almost any other show or entertainment option that comes along.

Yes, same here.

Wow I was the opposite, I blew through the whole thing (well, what was available at the time) in a few weeks.