Star Wars: Clone Wars

Oh wow. Super psyched for this!

Yes, yes it is. The last season in particular, with the imagery and symbols showing how a democracy devolves is great. Seriously, the trial of [main character] is just rich with it.

What he said.

I want this.

Too bad this will be on Netflix, since Disney will start their own streaming service soon.

Can’t wait for this to get back.

But I still haven’t watched any of REBELS. Does that matter?

Only in that it’s pretty good.

It’s not as good as Clone Wars, but it’s worth watching.

They keep smuggling in Clone Wars characters until it’s practically just Clone Wars season 12. Mild spoiler: Rex literally joins their little squad and Ashoka turns out to still be alive too.

So is this coming back for a last season, or some kind of movie?

When Disney bought Lucas, they cancelled Clone Wars while the last season was already in production. The voices for the scripts were already recorded, storyboards and animatics (very simple animated versions) were finished, etc. They are basically going back and truly finishing that season.

Weirdly they actually put up full length animatic versions of some of the episodes on the official site years ago: https://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy/

Though you may as well way for the real versions! I’m sure if they are doing it right they’ll be making revisions and edits to the stories too, maybe to tie it into later stuff.

I love who much of a badass she is! Best thing about the series.

Now I feel like I need to play something Clone Wars related.

Damn,why can’t there be a Star Wars Battleground HD edition!

Damn right. That’s why I love Clone Wars so much, it has my two favorite characters, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka.

Even Anakin and his shift to the dark side is SO much better done in the show that it makes him more interesting too. But I love Ahsoka, despite being initially dead set against the additional apprentice characters that weren’t in the trilogy - she is the real heart of the show, and it was a shame the way they didn’t have a chance to finish that storyline (and the Maul/Palpatine one);

If you’ve not read the Ahsoka book, you should. It’s real great.

Where’s the thread where someone explained the best episode viewing order?

Edit: nevermind, refined my search a bit and found it!

That link doesn’t work anymore, right?

You mean the link in telefrog’s post? Doesn’t look like it. I found other links by googling, I was mainly looking for the discussion here because I remember there being some debate about whether watching in the order aired still made some sense.

I did try to follow that order once, by starting on episode 216. Let me just tell ya, Episode 216 is really boring.

Next time I try to get into the series, I’ll try the theatrical release (Clone Wars) or maybe even episode 101 instead.

Yup! And it definitely feels like I’m jumping into things the wrong way. But whatever. This isn’t The Wire, it’s a show I’ve waffled back and forth on even watching at all. So last night I watched the “first” two, 216 and 116. Next is the theatrical release, then mostly things go in order. So assuming I make it through the theatrical thing (probably this afternoon), it doesn’t look like too bumpy a ride from there.

Yeah, same here. I do believe the crowd here that say it’s a really good show. After watching Episode 216, I’d decided never to waste my time with the series again. But now this news about the show continuing and the fact that The Last Jedi has finally made me a Star Wars fan has kind of brought me back to considering watching this series. Even though I absolutely hated Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

I watched it in the order of the guide above and had a fine time. The show starts boring no matter how you slice it, as the first season is the most kid-friendly.