Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - EA, Respawn

How do you get fire through water without the fire going out? I’ve been stuck on this freakin’ puzzle for 3 days, going around and around this facility. And BD-1’s hints only happen in little off-shoot rooms and I don’t understand them, or what they’re trying to hint at.

*Sigh. Patience. The game is just testing my patience. Maybe there’s some other way to break this ball out of this glass.

So this took me awhile too but without spoiling it I’ll say the solution is all in that big room, and involves the magnets and the fire lanterns. There is a way to get the lanterns on one side to the other side of the room…

Edit: after I solved it I reasoned the game actually does a decent job of prepping you to figure this out, it’s just spread out over a few rooms.

Thanks. It turns out, all I really had to do to solve it was to post here about how I was stuck on it, and then when I went back into the game, I finally thought of using the magnets.

After I solved it, I was finally able to solve the little room which was essentially the same puzzle again, and that’s the hint that BD was trying to give me that I didn’t understand. Apparently they expected me to solve the little room first, and then BD’s hint that the big room is similar to the little room is what was supposed to help.

Now I’m finally stuck on an actual fight! I love being stuck on those instead of puzzles. :) I’m glad I have my lightsaber back.

I finished last night on Jedi Master. I struggled with the last boss until I settled down and stopped trying to be greedy for damage. I only had five stims at completion.

The ending is fantastic and the payoff is worth every second invested. One of my favorite games of the year.

Game isn’t quite clicking with me yet. Maybe when I get more powers than just push/slow it will change.

Looks like it’s time to dust off the 3D printer…

Weird, I bought this game on Origin, been playing a couple days. I fired up Epic Store just then and it was there too, marked as owned and installed. I ran it from there and it loaded Origin launcher and asked to link to my Epic account. :/

I finished this yesterday. I started on Jedi level, but quickly went to “Story Mode” because of the difficulty. I have no idea how some people can get by some of those encounters in the normal mode. I also never figured out the trick to fighting those purple melee guys (they came in several variants). They just seemed to have nearly infinite blocking ability. Also, some of those jumping puzzles took far to many attempts to do for me. Thankfully, in the story mode, you do not loose health from falling into the abyss.

Overall I liked the game, although I wish they would tone down the TombSouls design. Also, from a world building perspective, it just bothered me as to why anyone would ever build a world like that. You know, hanging platforms, running walls, thin pipe-paths, etc… How would anyone who is NOT a jedi actually get anywhere? I also would like the game design to be more focuses on the use of force powers in combat quite regularly, and not this thing were you run out so fast or tougher enemies are practically immune to your abilities.

I mainly used the blaster from the second planet.

maybe you should go back and watch this ;)

I think Alistair is joking. Because damn, there’s been some times when I wish I had a blaster in this game.

Basically, all the Purge Troopers (purple melee guys) are easily beaten using Force Slow, or being pushed off a ledge. You have been pushing various troopers off ledges to their doom, right?

When I read your post, I kinda hate myself for enjoying this game, because when it’s played on the easiest difficulty it may as well be a movie, and then I wonder why anyone would play videogames in the first place if that’s all they wanted from videogames?

I’m glad I was able to play on a difficulty that made me learn the combat system and enjoy the journey, but I guess I understand why they also provide something that holds your hand so much you may as well just go watch it on YouTube.

Well no, there’s also the exploration aspect, which I appreciate far more than the combat.

Yeah, but that’s basically the same thing. You can’t really fail. You’ll just fall a few times before you get where you’re going, and according to the post I replied to you don’t even get hurt if you fall. It’s just a movie you push buttons to.

What’s failure got to do with it?

With no failure state, it’s not a videogame. Period.

According to Dave Long. And you may not have noticed but there’s a whole shitload of people out there who aren’t Dave Long.

By that definition old Lucasart Adventure games weren’t videogames either, since, unlike Sierra adventure games, they didn’t have failure states.

Anyway, I agree with Dave that I’m really enjoying the combat system on Jedi Master, but don’t subscribe to his newsletter on what’s a videogame and what’s not. There’s something about the interaction and actually walking around and activating things that makes things feel more personal in video game stories like Firewatch, compared to a movie that would tell the same story as Firewatch, for example.

Whatever Normal is called is where I’m at, and it’s been pretty good difficulty so far. I’ve only had one fight I had a really, true hard time with and that was super, super early - an optional fight on the first planet post-introduction sequence that I’m sure everyone knows what I’m talking about - and otherwise it’s been fine. It might be getting to “easy” right now in terms of my characters power level, number of tools in the toolbox, huge health and force bars, making things pretty fast paced and easy to advance.

I still have problems timing my parrys correct sometimes - I swear to god I’m getting them done but the game disagrees. I’ve stopped attacking just to practice against some enemies and I think something is not right with the timing on their end, not mine. But I just force push them off a ledge now instead of dealing with them.

Does anyone ever feel very non-Jedi like murdering animals that attack you? I’ve tried running around some of them but the game isn’t really designed to play like that in many situations. It’s not an actual problem for me, but sometimes I noticed after killing something that I didn’t really have to in order to get by it. I wonder if the game tracks that at all.

As long as you’re not mad at them when you kill them, I think it’s ok.