Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - EA, Respawn

Man this is fun. Playing on second hardest. A lot of world building at the beginning. I just finished Titanfall 2 campaign recently so the wall running feels much at home. I was fighting the first large creature and it took a couple tries to get the timing down. I killed it and didn’t realize a smaller enemy was there because I couldn’t see it behind the larger one’s dead body and it killed me.I laughed because I had finally beat the other one and it was a crappy way to die.

This makes a really good first impression and does feel like a combination of other games I’ve enjoyed. I just made it to the outside of some tower.

Playing this made me miss Prince of Persia.

Im playing on a PS4 pro and have yet to have an issue.

Anyone have issues on Xbox One X? I’m waiting for my disc to arrive.

I guess it depends how you define “issues.” I fell through the world once, saw a few enemies go into T poses, some texture pop-in. One time I was involved in a three stage battle and the last stage didn’t trigger, had to fall back to the last check point. I don’t really consider any of those serious, they didn’t prevent me from playing and enjoying the game.

Oggdo Bogdo was pretty tough for me early on. I probably died 10 times, not being patient enough and relying on dodge more than I should have instead of blocking / parrying. This is definitely a cool game.

I’m amazed by how big each planet is. I think I’ve just returned to the 2nd one, and I felt like I had done a lot already. Then I look at the percentage done for the planet and there is so much more. I’m pretty sure this is my favorite 2019 release I’ve played.

I’ve been playing through this and think it’s pretty good, although some of the jumping puzzles are frustrating and as usual I have to move down to easy to get past the bosses, which then become too easy.

Really enjoying this and just got Force Push. Just stuck with the second ball puzzle so going to step away from it.

I don’t know what Respawn did but they masked loading quite well. Didn’t get any impression it was streaming or loading the level in until using the ice cave elevators on Zeffo.

Yikes the 9th Sister fight is pretty tough for me.

Edit: Almost never fails. Post that I can’t beat something and then the next time I beat it :-)

I just beat her as well. The first extended wood panel double-jump wallrunning sequence caused me to die 20x and was harder than the boss fight. dying repeatedly to the slip n slide and wallrunning sequences is not fun

We seem to be going at about the same pace. So far I haven’t had trouble outside of combat so much. I like playing platformers so maybe that helps.

I keep falling for and being jumped by enemies around blind corners. Even crates.

You’ve been jumped by crates around blind corners? I am increasingly glad I decided to play on a lower difficulty.

Maybe he was jumped by a krait in a crate.

Dathomir got significantly more difficult for me. Most of the combat isn’t bad, but there have been a much higher percentage of encounters that have been pretty challenging. There also seems to be more combat and while I like the combat it is starting to be a bit too much. I just met a boss and he seems to need a ton of hits to bring him down.

I may need to drop this down to normal to keep my sanity and keep enjoying the game, which is probably my 2019 GOTY, unless I can squeeze another game in before voting is over.

I cheesed a fair bit of it and finished it at 4AM. Great antidote to my constant 2019 Anthem hating. Top notch Respawn production values in cuteness and was consistently impressive. Not sure if technical skill or artistry of BioWare is just that inferior or passage of time and technological improvements.

Levels in SWJFO were felt small enough I wished Mass Effect/Dragon Age were this tightly polished. I do understand that even an action RPG has 1000x more dialog and animation (facial and body) so manually fixing everything isn’t possible. That’s why all the repeated use of canned animations, gestures and “my face hurts” lip sucking weirdness in those RPGs especially when they let the player make their own character face/body.

I know it’s weird to be impressed by this but for me SWJFO was all the character hand-finger-object interaction in the 3D space all felt and looked like it had proper weight and heft. All the objects gripped, passed and hands locked with other NPCs all didn’t look floaty or pantomimed like 99% of other games. This is using their in-game engine for cutscenes and not prerendered video. Yes, it is odd that this is my takeaway for Fallen Order.

Also, this is the first game in a while that feels like the right length narratively. Unlike Outer Worlds which was missing at least 1-2 planets worth of cut content.

Sorry I meant to say that I always got jumped my enemies to my left or right out of a hallway. Or if a crate was to my left or right and an enemy was ahead, I’d go straight to engage him and then get attacked by another from the blind corner(s)

I know it’s been brought up before but the tv commercial for this game really is a big spoiler. My kids saw it and then I had to explain why I hadn’t told them about it when I was playing.