Star Wars Outlaws - Ubisoft Massive's hive of scum and villainy

Experience the first-ever open world Star Wars™ game, set between the events ofThe Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Explore distinct planets across the galaxy, both iconic and new. Risk it all as Kay Vess, an emerging scoundrel seeking freedom and the means to start a new life, along with her companion Nix. Fight, steal, and outwit your way through the galaxy’s crime syndicates as you join the galaxy’s most wanted.

Fallen Order with bigger maps? That works.

And, if the trailer isn’t hiding it, no Jedi powers for you.

Well, we’ll get gameplay at UbiForward tomorrow, so we’ll know more. Great trailer today to introduce the game though.

Yep, looks great. All for new stories and characters in the Star Wars universe, particulalry non-Force ones.

At this point I’m more of a Massive fan than a Star Wars fan, though Jedi Survivor was pretty terrific. Really curious what this will end up being.

I am on board with all Star Wars properties having adorable alien sidekicks.

is it from Massive? We also haven’t seen a game from the Far Cry devs in a while, I guess they are helping too.

With this being an open world Star Wars game, and mentions of exploring different planets, I wonder if like Starfield we are going to have our own ship and there will be spaceship combat.

It even says so in the thread title!

(Though I did read it as “Ubisoft’s massive hive of scum and villainy” the first few times. Probably equally true.)

What, I’m supposed to read the entire titles? Sometimes they are like small books!
:P

I would prefer to create my own character with my own motivations in an open world game. Don’t lock me in like this. This leaves me feeling a bit flat.

Just think how many map icons Ubisoft can squeeze in when the map covers a galaxy.

You have to scale a tower on a space station to open up the starmap for the sector.

You joke, but that sounds awesome.

So open world means…an open-ended RPG? A survival game?

The gameplay reveal is at the Ubisoft conference today, which starts in about 3 hours.

Edit: I watched that trailer again. Man, I love that beginning. The explosive sound of the Tie Fighter engine as it flies by the camera, and then the fleeing corvette running into the Star Destroyer that hyperspaces in. So good. Whoever did this CG trailer did a really good job.

I also really like the main characters face. She be cute.

I can appreciate that, but at least they don’t fool you into thinking you are creating your own character, like SWTOR did, IMO.

Not a Jedi sounds awesome!
Open world sounds awesome!
Underworld sounds awesome!
Furry Axolotl destined for marketing looks awesome!

Trailer felt so blah.
Hoping the gameplay gets shown soon.

**UPDATE TO POST
Gameplay looks awesome , I’m curious how it will compare to Jedi Survivor in terms of character movement. I also hope they really make this character very different than Cal other than the swaps of luke for han, genders, and and cute robot pal for cute alien pal.

This game will win a lot of points in my book if you not only don’t get force powers you don’t ever see a jedi. Also it looks like she’s robbing from the Empire. I want to rob from the rebellion too.

I’m sure it will be an action/adventure/shooter/rpg. Think AssCreed with guns.