Star Wars: Underworld

First, let me say the obligatory: Fuck Star Wars.

Second, I can’t believe this thing is actually being made. A live-action Star Wars show that’s supposed to take place between the events of episode III and IV that focuses on crime bosses and the shady “underworld” of the Star Wars universe. Gah.

Third, it gets so much worse: one of the earlier episodes of the show is supposed to have a group of people who figure out how to time travel, yes, fucking time travel back to attempt to kill Darth Vader.

Fourth, Fuck Star Wars.

Didn’t George Lucas say he was going to stop raping the childhood memories of his fans a while back?

So it’s like The Terminator but with an action figure line tacked onto it?

Damn, from the title I thought it was going to be some kind of crossover of Star Wars and Underworld. Color me disappointed now since I was expecting Kate Beckinsale throwing grenades at Jedis or something.

What do you mean, of course I’ll watch it.

Understand that I say this from underneath the watching eyes of Red Squadron in the poster above my computer, but based on what little I’ve already learned of it in this topic, I think I’m so far on board the ‘Fuck Star Wars.’ bandwagon that I won’t even bother watching it.

Eh. Who knows if this will ever get on TV screens? They can only estimate a 2015 start date at this point. If it comes, I’ll deal with it then.

It’s not a thing yet. It’s so far from being a thing at this point that the only reason anybody is talking about it is because it’s Star Wars. No cast, no pilot filmed, no interest in the near future from any network - just Lucas’s word that he’s got an entire season of scripts in the can, and given the quality of his prior scripts, I have to figure he’ll need to bring in some people to do a finish pass on them before they’ll be ready to shoot anyway. At one point Lucas was entertaining the notion of producing it and then trying to sell it, but I have to wonder if he isn’t reconsidering the wisdom of that approach after Red Tails (which is still a stupid title, because I still have to check to make sure it isn’t Red Wings, which is an even stupider title, but is at least a thing - specifically, a hockey team, and it’s also related to sex). If he actually does it that way, it’ll be a hell of a long time before it even threatens to air.

In theory, it’s not a terrible idea. Take the twenty or so years between Sith and Hope and do stories in no way related to the central plot of Star Wars. That could be a good thing. Hell - it has been a good thing, if the best episodes of the current cartoon are any indication. Just try not to worry too much about it right now. The only impending Star Wars television show that’s not already on the air that anybody should even think about is the Seth Green one, which probably won’t hit before the 2013 season at the earliest.

That would be Terminator 2.

It would be nice if she could kill Jar Jar.

I would watch the hell out of that.

Hey I had that!

Holy shit. What a thread necro. Here’s newly released test footage they shot for the show.

What year was this tech demo filmed?

Can we not do any more prequels, please?

Relax chief, this was cancelled almost a decade ago.

Shazbot!

That may be the most George Lucas thing I’ve ever read.

As a frame of reference, Game of Thrones cost ~$15 million per hour(ish)-long episode.