StarCraft: Remastered

Can you spoil a bit and let me know if Boxer and/or Jaedong play in this? I’d kill to see 'em back in action. . .

They each play two games. Boxer and Yellow starts around 2:10:00 and Jaedong plays two of the last three matches (the third being the highlight Flash/Bisu game) and that whole 3-game round robin nightmare starts around 3:54:00.

Thank you :-D

Why can’t I fullscreen the twitch link?

So this is apparently going live later today. Any interest in some old school blast from the past StarCraft? I’m rusty as all hell but I used to enjoy a game of StarCraft or three.

Haven’t played a match in over five years, but depending on how my hand feels later today, I could possibly be up for a game.

It is showing up in the battle.net app now and downloading. Yay

First game, I got matched against someone who had crappy internet and got to play the game in two-second chunks. Of all the nostalgia, I was not expecting that at all.

I guess he used dialup to complete the whole 1999 experience.

I played some ranked games last night. Holy cow! People are good! I think I’m 1 for 9.

It’s very clear to me (as someone who never laddered in Brood War’s heyday) how Brood War is much more of a micro game than Starcraft 2. The unit AI and 12-unit limit require a lot more fiddling with armies to be effective. I lost most of my games because my opponent was better at moving his guys around, even though I had the bigger army. No more attack-moving big army blobs! I’ll need to adjust.

It’s also nostalgic to see the custom games list populated with Dragonball Z, money maps, and “1v1 noobs only” games. I’m also looking forward to reliving the campaigns.

What does “Requires Starcraft” mean? Do you need to purchase anything else to get this to run?

2017-08-15 18_27_06-StarCraft - Blizzard Shop

You don’t need to purchase anything else, but you may need to have the original Starcraft (which is now free) associated with your BattleNet account in some way. Not sure if you can do that through the launcher or not. I would assume if you buy Remastered, it associates Starcraft with your account anyway, but I could be wrong.

If you have a BNet account, you can download the StarCraft client for free, then use that launcher to play SC Remastered.

Blizzard still has some plans for Remastered, which is definitely nice. This is frankly adorable.

Was that from the finals broadcast last night? I caught part of the finals, but I missed this. That is hilarious, and now I want to play with that skin.

The show match was just before the finals started, so it would’ve been easy to miss.

Yeah, I didn’t tune in until game 2.