Stardock owns Star Control and is planning an "XCOM-like" reboot

So little rant moment. :)

Been traveling a lot this week and one consistent thing that has come up is that this is definitely a totally different level of game than anything we’ve done before.

It’s not just that the budget of this game is > than Ashes + OTC + GalCiv III + Sins combined, that’s more of an asset cost. It’s just the first time we’ve ever been able to just focus on a single title.

Of course, that means risk. 2017 was the first year we didn’t release a new game since…maybe GalCiv I? I’d have to look. But that was the trade-off of putting everyone everyone on the games unit onto a single game. It’ll be interesting to see the effect.

Many of you guys on QT3 know our games inside and out. Many of you know me. I’ve been posting on here since before GalCiv I came out when I was, effectively, a software engineer working on Object Desktop who worked on games as a hobby.

Star Control is the game that is really the result of Elemental and the sale of Impulse. It’s the culmination of not just the 5 years we’ve been working on it but many years of wishes of being able to make a game that showed off what we were capable of producing if we just had the budget and time to do it.