Stardock owns Star Control and is planning an "XCOM-like" reboot

I do like the looks of that, for the most part. Really hoping the combat grows on me.

Dumb question, will this game be controller supporting, or strictly mouse driven?

That looks amazing. It’s the first media that really makes me want to play it!

Damn, that looked great.

Controller works great. It’s how most people here play it. I however, use the keyboard.

Cool, I play PC games mostly on TV so controller support would be a must.

The Tywom find us interesting…

There should be a “I dunno, want one?” option.

That is beautiful.

*wipes tear from eye*

This does look really good, specially the planetary stuff and the portraits. Curiously the part I’m less thrilled about is the outer space gameplay shown, which is the closest to the original. It’s not that it looks bad, not at all, but everything else feels much more snappier. So much for nostalgia, I guess…

But yeah, cool production values indeed!

Ha! Or this:

http://s2.n4g.com/news/718571_0.jpg

Looks great. Throws money at screen.

Anything you guys would like to have me show this Friday?

Well, I’m a weirdo who likes mining. In lieu of that, other resource gathering perhaps?

I’ll second the resource gathering

I was intrigued by the landing sequence, but I’m also interested in resource gather and flagship customization options.

Lander shots it is. Glad to hear that actually since it’s one of the more obvious changes from Star Control II.

So here we are on Mars.

Planets are spherical so you will have day night cycles as you travel. Rather than rely on a mini map the resources show up on your HUD if they’re out of visual range.

When a resource comes into range, it changes into its iconic form.

The color of the resource helps tell you what type it is and how rare it is so you know how valuable it is.

From space you can see where the resources are and what kinds they are. The tool tips will tell you how much they’re worth.

At first you can only land where your primitive…human landing zone tech can land you. Later, you’ll upgrade to land wherever you want.

The planets can kill you easily with their temperature or toxicity unless you’ve upgraded your landers.

The weather determines how hard it is to land in your designated zone and also can create various types of hazards.

Gravity affects how fast your land and how well you ship can maneuver on the surface.

This is still alpha level in terms of some of the UI here. It’s about a week away from being “beta” level.

Downvoted if the lander doesn’t drive like the Mako

Ah, the Mako, AKA, the glorious, ridiculous, dumbass vehicle that almost stopped by ME1 playthrough its tracks when it wrecked into the ramp down into the “refugee camp” outside of the big corporate HQ building you had to drive the Mako down a long highway to get to. It filled the whole ramp, but couldn’t get back up out of it, making it seem like I wouldn’t be able to continue. I eventually found a console command to spawn a second Mako, which I used to blow up the first one, saved, and reloaded, clearing the “Mako Corpse” from the ramp and continuing on :)

But I still loved it >.>

Does look a lot like the Mako doesn’t it? Well that’s one way to get my money.