Starfield by Bethesda -- PC and Xbox exclusive -- 09/06/23

There’s a lot of concept art out there, not sure if this stuff is official or got leaked but it looks amazing. I guess we won’t know for a while how much of it will end up in the game but I love the look of it.

At some of those screenshots were in the Washington Post story @Telefrog posted upthread and I recognize most of the others from an informal discussion video Destin Legarie from IGN posted, so I’d say they are probably all from something they shared with the press.

It’s gonna be a long fifteen months.

I want to believe.

I LOL’d at the cat.

Remember ALL THE HYPE about fallout 76 ??!!!

I rest my case

buyer beware

Well … no, not really. I do remember pretty much everyone bitching about Fallout 76 from day one though.

Ya…about the old as dirt creation engine. My kid saw Creation Engine 2 and just had the shakes.

Starfield (2022)

fallout-4-mod-support-danse-buzz-lightyear-414x0

No not at all. In fact, many of us here said they were skeptical that Bethesda could turn Fallout 4 into a multiplayer survival game that quickly when it was announced.

I for one was HIGHLY skeptical, and laughed for many days when it was released and they failed at every level to learn any lessons from MMOs before them.

I rolled my eyes during that announcement trailer. It screamed “we have nothing else right now.”

I think Bangorang is being sarcastic. Since there was, if anything, anti-hype for Fallout 76, if there is such a thing.

In fact, I remember reading the positive reactions in the Fallout 76 thread from people who actually played it and being really surprised.

I meant the ‘HYPE’ from Todd Howard…NOT from this board

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5COIKVFfFM

Basically every single big studio game gets hyped up before release. I really don’t see how this is atypical.

Exactly. Who sells a game by saying how boring and indistinguishable it is from everything else?

Finally went back and read that Washington Post article, it was full of good info. To think we almost got that Star Trek RPG - my holy grail!

Bethesda has created space-oriented fiction at various times during its existence, Howard recalled. “Believe it or not, Bethesda long ago had the rights to ‘Traveler,’ when I first started in [19]94. They quickly went away,” he said. “There’s a game we put out called ‘ Delta V ’ that was part of this ‘Traveler’ game. It ended up not really going anywhere. There was going to be a space game called ‘The 10th Planet’ in 1997. We actually had the ‘Star Trek’ rights at one point and made some games [in the 2000s]. I pitched a ‘Star Trek’ RPG at the time, which obviously we didn’t do.”

I was thinking the same thing. Bethesda’s 10th Planet was almost as mythical to me as SSI’s M.

Bethesda do Starfield, Ubi do Avatar and MS do Halo Infinite.

SF resurgence! Please :)