Starfield -- Spacey Spoilers Symposium - Starfield Spoiler Salon

The “super powers” are exactly what I was hoping they would not be. They are just dragon shouts with slightly different mechanics.

I was really hoping they would have added something like psionic disciplines, something you could have built a character around, but no… we got Dragon Shouts 2.0.

Also, even if you decide not to join up with the Vanguard Navy, it’s worth a trip to their training area in the basement of the MAST building, because there is a guided tour through a lot of the game world’s recent history - the colony wars, the serpent worshippers, stuff like that. It’s good info.

Oh, man, that Mantis Lair mission is good.

Heh, fragmentation mines are more like frisbees in a low-g environment. Take that you filthy pirate.

I shot a guy in his booster pack and it short circuited and he exploded and flew off into the sky.

I discovered the game has a fast travel option when you’re on a planet. Not sure I like it. Just like with Bethesda’s previous games, I’m not sure skipping the journey is a good idea when the journey is the fun part. A part of me was hoping they would skip it in this game but they introduced it in the first three hours or so of the game.

Loving this game so far. I’ve just reached New Atlantis after playing through the initial “discovery” missions and then the base on Kreet. That was very cool, as I stopped to look at everything, read all the log entries, etc. and was rewarded with a nice little first hand view to the story it all told, albeit a couple decades after the fact apparently. As with any Bethesda game, I spent more than half my time looting EVERTHING that was worth more than 100 credits. The robot and I were both at capacity by the final area. I hope New Atlantis has some shops with credits to spend on my crap! I also found a couple of rare items, including a slightly upgraded version of my space suit. Are those random, or does everyone get them?

I got that as well. I think at least in the first part of the game, the loot is not random, these first few missions everything is handcrafted.

I didn’t know I could put stuff on the robot. I didn’t want to be encumbered so I just dropped most of the loot.

There are rare items out the wazoo. I even have a few legendaries.

Trying out aurora for the first time in Neon - 759 credits

Finding your parents using aurora in the Astral Lounge - priceless

There’s the standard loot progression- I’ve found several of each of these.

White: Common
Blue: Rare
Purple: Epic
Yellow: Legendary (maybe switch these last two?)

The blue SMG that I found is stupid good. Scope, Surpressed, and shoots white-hot rounds so enemies catch on fire. It’s hilarious.

Really early on what sucked was no way to switch between full auto, and semi. I had o keep my cutter on the favorites just in case ammo ran out.

I have a decent anti-personnel Maelstrom with a scope, large mag, and suppressed. Then a modded equinox is my main weapon usually.

I need to start using pistols more since that was one of my main initial skills.

Lol I don’t think I was supposed to get the Mantis gear and spaceship at level 7 but here we are

Yeah, even though the enemies are up to level 30 in that mission, that isn’t a deal-breaker for a lower level PC if you can aim and have enough meds!

This is true. When I went through a pirate base, I realized halfway through that I was almost out of ammo. I had just kind of assumed it wouldn’t be a problem. When I got back to civilization, I went to buy some, and it was expensive. Since then I’ve been mostly sticking to the one gun, and luckily the mooks I’ve been mowing down use the same ammo.

PSA: Most of the resources needed for modding weapons and armour can be bough from the UC distribution center or the gal at the spaceport. A few bits have to be crafted from raw materials.

This was pretty much a game changer, since mining/collecting the stuff on planet was tedious.

Also, the “upgrade” function on the shipyard interface is…quaint, but pales in comparison to the shenanigans you can do with the actual ship builder interface. And it’s needed, as most default ships SUCK when it comes to features. I lucked out and bought a longsword early, which comes with a complete set of research and crafting stations, and taking it apart (quite…literally) was a nice learning experience.

It’s a Bethesda game, though, caught some minor bugs. Also, you can get rid of quite a few traits during the game, and a few others turned out to be…sub par. The religion ones are decidedly meh, while your parents are absolutely golden.

Also, weapons seem to get “upcycled”, unlocking as you progress levels and coming again as a stronger “calibrated” or otherwise prefixed version with higher damage.

Haters gonna hate, but besides some wonky performance I’d say it’s quite excellent. Feels like playing Traveller, alright.

I love that it is called an old Earth hunting rifle. I guess it depends on what you were hunting. :) I guess I should look at the stats next time I am in the UC Surplus shop.

I found an old earth shotgun too.

I found an old Earth shotgun with a suppressor, which I’m keeping!